WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Early/Mid-Feb NoBo Thru Hike Start

Hi there,

I am planning on setting out from Springer early/mid-Feb for a NoBo thru-hike. I am really hoping to do most of the hike solo (it's sort of a cleanse for an ultra-rough 2011), but would love to see if anyone is doing section hikes around the time I'll be passing through various spots. I'm hoping to do 18 miles/day average, so hoping to find someone with a similar pace. As much as I'm looking forward to some meditative alone time, I'm sure the company will be MUCH appreciated at various spots along the way.

Best, em

Looking to start around same time not thru hiking but doing a good number of miles and am looking for someone to hike with as well.

I will be out there sometime in the next two weeks. Good luck finding someone wanting to do 18 right out of the gate. I'm more like 10 to 12.

My son, 21 year old College Senior and Eagle Scout is considering a similar pace!

He needs a fast paced hike with good support (me) so that he can get to summer school in CT by June, take a month of summer school, and then continue on to Katahdin by 1 Sept. We are arranging good logistics support at all road crossings so he can keep up speed without having to carry more than a day or so of supplies. He will be carrying a ham radio tracker so that we can also map the coverage of the ham radio GPS tracking system called APRS. hence, the good support by other ham operators all along the way. See web page: http://aprs.org/at.html

++ New Posts ++