WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rabbit View Post
    Twitching with you!! It amazes me how many negative responses I get when I tell people my plan: "Are you gonna still work?", "Do you know the success rate?", "That's crazy talk",.... and so on. I guess if everyone thought like this we would not be here on whiteblaze "twitching" to go through the most painful, miserable, wet, cold, hot,... most amazing and soul awaking journey of our lives. Good luck to you and hope to see you out there!!
    People always tell me I'm crazy for wanting to spend my free time (and eventually, six months) hiking. I'm glad that at least my father understands, but it's hard explaining to people what you (and even they) are capable of, and what you experience along the way. I wish I hadn't just signed a lease and bought a car, I want to be there for the 2012 kickoff.
    Need to go NOBO.

Journal Entries

I too retire soon.. My last day is 12-31-11. I have been planning my thru hike for the past year or so.. All gear bought, trying to get in best shape I can, running 3 or 4 times a week. The snow is a concern I have coming up. Never hiked, camped in the snow. I have camped in 20 degree but no snow. Cold and Rain, hmmm. Like what was aid before me, I CAN DO IT!!!
    Hope to see you out there, we will encourage each other.

Twitching definately, but mostly just really nervous about it. Anxiety is hitting me hard like taking a final I didnt study for, but, I definately am prepared mentally and physically. I think ill finally feel better when I get there and there's nothing more to do but hike and enjoy. I think its that the AT through hike is big in my mind (as it should be). Something that superheros do, hikers with feet made of moleskin and internal camel packs in thier bodies, and not real ppl like me.

Images

Just read Becoming Odyssa, Great Book recommended it.

yeeeeeeee I'll be in Georgia in 2 weeks :-D

Images

78 days and a wake up!
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Quote Originally Posted by TOMP View Post
    Twitching definately, but mostly just really nervous about it. Anxiety is hitting me hard like taking a final I didnt study for, but, I definately am prepared mentally and physically. I think ill finally feel better when I get there and there's nothing more to do but hike and enjoy. I think its that the AT through hike is big in my mind (as it should be). Something that superheros do, hikers with feet made of moleskin and internal camel packs in thier bodies, and not real ppl like me.
    one good rain and all concerns melt away.

Images

If I were going to ride up for the day, what day would be best?
    ---Where ever you go
    There you are---

Almost exactly four months from today I'll start my thru-hike attempt. EEEEEEEEEeeee. I'm not ready! I can't wait! Twitchy is a good word.

Images

Wow! 63 days and I'll be on the trail. May even get there earlyer via Greyhound to save some cash.

Anticipation, the dreaming of it, may be the best part.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyMonday View Post
    People always tell me I'm crazy for wanting to spend my free time (and eventually, six months) hiking. I'm glad that at least my father understands, but it's hard explaining to people what you (and even they) are capable of, and what you experience along the way. I wish I hadn't just signed a lease and bought a car, I want to be there for the 2012 kickoff.
    Ya know Guy,I think long distance hikers are cast from a different mold...and that's a good thing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++