WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Southern Ruck 2012...

... just a reminder, Southern Ruck is on and will be held over MLK weekend (Jan.13-16) at the Nantahala Outdoor Center, Wesser, NC.

NOC should be taking reservations for basecamp and the Nanatahala Inn now. It's possible to camp for free at the shelter, or in the area, but lodging costs and nights can get cold.

Admission is free with a $5 suggested donation which gets you raffle tickets for gear and stuff with proceeds going to the ATC and ALDHA.

The SoRuck is ideal for new people planning on hiking the trail as most of the people that attend are experienced section and thru-hikers willing to help.

If you'd like a printed name tag, add your name here and I'll make sure you get one.

For more info and a tentative schedule of events see the website:

Southern Ruck

Journal Entries
    Images

Sly,
    planning on getting over there to NOC martin luther king weekend. will be listening for anything i can do. will
    bring plenty of food. a ham, or a pot of black eyed peas with hocks. looking forward to it . the best to you
    during the Christmas, new year season!

Springer to Elk Park, NC/Andover to Katahdin
    Images

Sly, put me down for a name tag for myself and for a friend Tuck 'n Roll.

Look forward to seeing you again Cutty.
    I am not young enough to know everything.

Images

I'm planning to be there.
    If not NOW, then WHEN?

ME>GA 2006
    http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=3277

Instagram hiking photos: five.leafed.clover

Journal Entries
    Images

sly,
    call sunset asap. call him at 864 420 8511. i don't know the nature of his call but he wanted me to
    get to you and to get you to call him!
    have a good evening and looking forward to seeing everyone,
    cutty taylor

Section Hiking to Maine. little bear's Avatar
    Images

sly you got the name tag list yet?

Little Bear
    Bear Cub
    Honeysuckle
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Journal Entries
    Images

Put me down, I'll be there, planning on hiking into it from Springer if anyone wants to go for a walk. Whats the best thing to do as far as room reservations?
    Take Time to Watch the Trees Dance with The Wind........Then Join In........

Quote Originally Posted by wornoutboots View Post
    Put me down, I'll be there, planning on hiking into it from Springer if anyone wants to go for a walk. Whats the best thing to do as far as room reservations?
    Call NOC, tell them you want a space in basecamp and let them know you're attending the Ruck. The number is on the Southern Ruck website (see sig)

Attention: Important Southern Ruck announcements!

I've added a form to the name tag list so... if you're coming and want a name tage, follow the link below.

http://www.soruck.net/nametags.html

Also, I'm accepting submission for a background photo for the name tags. The winner gets a free entry to the raffle (heh, heh)
    Photos should be of the trail, with ample room for names. Example below.

nametags.JPG

Kanga came up with the first suggestion. Very nice! I'll have to see how it prints.

kanga.JPG

Anyone else?

It's been announced that Alpine and Apple Juice will be hold a thru-hiking clinic at the SoRuck Saturday afternoon. If you're planning on thru-hiking next year, or in the future, this will be an ideal time to get some hands-on suggestions and ideas.

I'm also looking for a hike leader, or two, for the 7 mile hike from Tellico gap back to the NOC. After leading the hike several years Bearpaw and Hooch are giving it a rest. Thanks guys for picking up where LW left off.

Lastly, for now, I only have a couple slots on the schedule that need to be filled. If you have a presentation, slideshow or workshop you'd like to put on, leave me a PM and I'll get back to you.

If anyone can't make it to the thru-hiking clinic that weekend, Alpine and I are also doing clinics on the 10th of Dec. and the 11th of Feb. Can't wait to see everyone here for Southern Ruck.

apple juice.

As most of you know the Southern Ruck is less than a month away. Most of the spots in the cabins have been taken by folks that stayed last year, however a few won't be able to make it. I have one room available in cabin D (the quiet cabin) which is ideally suited for two couples, with a queen and double bed, and a private bathroom. If you're coming and you need a place to stay it's $50 per person ($200 for the room) for Friday and Saturday night. If you're a single couple that doesn't mind sharing the room with new friends let me know. You may end up having the room to yourselve. If you're coming alone and don't mind sharing with a couple, let me know. I'll keep you in mind if I can't find two couples.

Speaking of openings, although the schedule is mostly filled, there's still room for one or two presentations or workshops, if you'd like to put one on.

The website and schedule have been updated, take a peek to see what's going on.

The room has been claimed. Anyone else that plans on coming should call NOC for reservations in basecamp or the Nantahala Inn

Still looking for a couple presentations and hike leaders for the Tellico Gap to NOC hike.

Images

If I were able to come up for the day what day would be best? I really want go attend but I am limited on the time available.
    ---Where ever you go
    There you are---

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Saturday. Here's the weekend schedule.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Default 2012 Nametag...

Thanks for all the suggestions (mostly sent privately), I settled on one...

ta-dah...

newname.JPG

If you plan on coming let me know (link in sig) and I'll make you one We have about 90 something signed up so far so I'll probably cut it off at 100 unless I can find some left over holders.

The schedule is full and the cabins are full, but there's still room in basecamp if you plan on attending. The NOC is closed until after the New Year but you can call and reserve on January 3.

I'm coming. I don't have a trail name yet so I guess you can have a name tag that just says Lynn on it.
    Do we have to call and reserve space if we're just planning on camping?

Quote Originally Posted by lkaluzi View Post
    I'm coming. I don't have a trail name yet so I guess you can have a name tag that just says Lynn on it.
    Do we have to call and reserve space if we're just planning on camping?
    OK Lynn I'll add your name. No need to call NOC if you're camping. There's a great spot to the east on the railroad tracks about 100 yards (south side). If it gets too cold we'll find you a spot inside.

See you there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++