WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbender View Post
    Used 2 pairs on my thru, still wearing the second on hikes.
    What shoes are they? Actually it would be great if everyone posted a)what they use, b)how long they last, c)how they fit- wide/narrow/ran large or small & d)if they had any issues with them. I'm new to it all and just use my Asic Tigers around FL but plan on getting Montrail AT Plus based on the recommendations of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by theresmorethanthis View Post
    What shoes are best? How long will they last? can I get them on the trail? do I need to mail drop them?
    You'll find additional info and hikers' experiences on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bags4266 View Post
    I only get about 300 miles on them before they start to delamante.
    Just yesterday I talked to the shoe guy in my local outfitter - he said my Merrill trail shoes would last about 350 miles. I've got about 460 on them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick&Bruce View Post
    What shoes are they? Actually it would be great if everyone posted a)what they use, b)how long they last, c)how they fit- wide/narrow/ran large or small & d)if they had any issues with them. I'm new to it all and just use my Asic Tigers around FL but plan on getting Montrail AT Plus based on the recommendations of friends.
    I used 2 pairs of montrail AT plus's this years thru hike. got about 500 miles from each, but could have made the 2nd pair last longer. an overall solid shoe that is extremely comfortable. the negatvies though; i think breathabilty of the shoe is only okay at best, and should be better. glue is very weak on the sole and both pairs of mine pealed badly. I ended up getting a new shoe in vermont that is much better then the montrails for me. http://www.scott-sports.com/gb_en/product/10755/58723/218743

t
    he sizing on the scotts run a little small, but i just had to bump up a size(9.5 montrail to 10 scott) but are the most comfortable shoes ive ever owned. my first pair of scotts did rip in half after about 400 miles(replaced for free by scott) but i abused the hell out of them through the At's 3 most rugged states, vt, nh & me. I know bright yellow trail runners arent for all, but these things are sweet. they went from my trusty shoes on trail, to my do everything shoes at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick&Bruce View Post
    Merrells, XCR moabs were the second, not sure about the first. You need to reattach the upper to the sole, as it splits. I used paracord through the sole and sewn to the upper. Had 400 miles on them when I started my thru. First pair, 1200 miles, second pair, 1800 and counting. 5BA82030-872354.jpg59F34791-619546.jpg583E6EF2-657730.jpg5D5CF8CF-798000.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++