WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by EAsprts26 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a restriction on hiking Katahdin? Is there a certain date we have to wait for to hike it?
    You have to wait until the the Tableland dries out. No set date, usually before June.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

I had the same thought, i'm starting much later than you and will not be back to vote. Looked into mail in ballot. That's your best bet.

Got a group of 3 coming in Aug. 6th.
    APPALACHIAN ​STATE

Thanks Teej, probably starting on June 2nd along with a few other SOBO's as it seems. I am just anxiously awaiting the start of the journey! Cant wait to meet everyone out there!

I am planning to start SOBO in mid-June. Exciting and frightening depending on my current mood. Hope to see some of you this summer!

Default SOBO looking for a ride to Katahdin, Baxter State Park, Maine

Greetings WhiteBlaze.net community! Are there any future SOBOs, or other section hikers heading up to Katahdin to begin their Hike in late May/early June? I am looking for a one-way ride up. Am more than willing to meet you somewhere in the vicinity of PA/NY in late May/early June. Will pitch for gas as well, and I promise I don't bite.

Appreciate any beta people can lend. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aldsmith3 View Post
    Greetings WhiteBlaze.net community! Are there any future SOBOs, or other section hikers heading up to Katahdin to begin their Hike in late May/early June? I am looking for a one-way ride up. Am more than willing to meet you somewhere in the vicinity of PA/NY in late May/early June. Will pitch for gas as well, and I promise I don't bite.

Appreciate any beta people can lend. Thanks!
    I am hiking in PA for the month of May and then heading to Maine ..leaving Delaware Water Gap approx May 30th...

If you could leave earlier you could hike in PA with me and another hiker...

PM me and I will give you my phone number

Old Man River (Texman on White Blaze)
    "the legs feed the wolf gentlemen, the legs feed the wolf" from the movie "Miracle"

Flip flop, flip flopping' LASHin' 2000 miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Much of the country has seen an extremely mild winter/spring. Is this true about Maine? If so, does it suggest to the suggestible reader that all of the early spring SoBo start negatives - Like raging rivers, muddy trails, and black flies might come and go earlier this year?
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    https://lighterpack.com/r/38fgjt
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Best service. Best price and the person with the most knowledge about the AT in Maine..... www.100milewilderness.info

Most of the snow is gone in Maine. An early Spring!! Baxter opens May 15 and all trails should be cleared to hike. Learn more at www.100milewilderness.info

Journal Entries
    Images

The word from the folks who will make the call as to when trails will open:
    http://baxtertrails.blogspot.com/
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Baxter opens May 15 and all trails should be cleared to hike.
    The Park opens some campgrounds, and most of the Tote road, on the 15th.
    By no means will "all trails" be "cleared to hike."
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    Best service. Best price and the person with the most knowledge about the AT in Maine..... www.100milewilderness.info
    Phil, isn't that your own website?
    Teej

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Heh, heh ... Busted!
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog

I will be arriving in Baxter on June 15 to head southbound. Traveling from Roanoke VA (any of you south east folks need a ride?) I am counting down the days until this adventure begins! Very excited to meet all of the other SOBOs

Quote Originally Posted by TJ aka Teej View Post
    Sounds like a 20% off penalty for promoting yourself on whiteblaze is in order....

My boyfriend and I will be starting our southbound hike in late June--you can check out our blog here:
    http://appalachiansouthbound.blogspot.com/

Well it's official. Gave my resignation yesterday, last day May 11th. Heading to Maine the 31st, hoping to summit Katahdin June 1st. The count down is on, t-minus 34 days!! WooHOO!

Im headed southbound right after I graduate the last weekend of May. Hope to make it to Baxter by the second week of June. See you all out there!

Starting south bound first week of July. Don't have an exact date so I don't if ill be getting a campground in Baxter. May just have to start my journey outside of Baxter, I have hiked Katahdin before and it is a great hike it would be a shame to miss it. Snow fall was crap this winter in the white mountains i'm pretty sure Maine did not get much, so I doubt flooding will be a big problem.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++