WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bangor International

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    Bangor International
    http://www.flybangor.com/

My Girlfriend and I are heading up to Maine the first weekend of June, probably start the journey that first week! We currently live in Austin Texas saving up money for the trip. This has been a long time coming, and I can't wait to get started....I need some fresh air!

Graduating with my MEN in Electrical Eng and have been waiting for this day to start my hike. I finish in early may but am planning to start tentatively on June 1st. Planning all of my drops and getting my itinerary setup. Hope to meet all of you people on the trail.

I'm starting June 1st. Just got awols guide in the mail and am getting everything squared away for the trip. It's all I can think about! See ya out there.

Journal Entries

plan is to start June 1st (trail/weather permitting) going solo. but looking for partners email: [email protected] . nashua,nh born and raised. but living in italy until may when i will really start preparing. first time long distance hiking but pretty set on making it to the finish! i hear you have to reserve campground in Baxter State Park, ya? and does anybody know where and when do you need to be wearing some orange blaze for hunting seasons? i'm worried Dick C might be ready for seconds.
    anyway looking forward to meeting some more tree huggers on the trail. appreciate any advise.
    -mic

I finished my SOBO the day before thanksgiving last year and didn't run into hunting seasons until I was in TN/NC around late October/November, so I wouldn't worry about it right off the bat

Graduating from college May 19, hoping to do a week of travel before graduation / after finals then continuing on after. If the timing doesn't work for leaving in early May I would be happy with leaving May 21ish

Looking forward to my SoBo. wteason2's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by gsimp18 View Post
    Leaving from Texas. I'm hoping to summit Katahdin on the 10th of June and then leave on the trail on the 11th. No trail name yet but the name is Greg.
    See you there! I'll arrive on the 11th, so I won't hit the trail until a day or two after you, but I might catch you at some point.

-Bill
    Had a successful SoBo hike last year. Check out my blog on facebook!

Default Mega 2012

Hey everyone! I have been on this site so much, I thought I would finally register. My leave of absence was approved Tuesady and I purchased my flight the same day

Planning on leaving for the summit either the 12th or 13th of June.

It is good to see everyone as excited as me, and I hope I will meet some of you on the trail!

Turtlebox

Aloha everyone! I will be starting the trail hopefully early June, i started in June 2010 and june seemed like a great time to start. I can't wait to get back on trail, I would love some more company if any of you wanna hike in a small group. See ya on trail

I'll hopefully be on the trail August 1st.

Journal Entries

My buddy and I are going to start June 2nd. Been looking forward to this for years.

I posted early that I would be doing a long section hike from Katahdin starting between May 25th and June 1st. I have decided to try and hike the whole thing, it will be pushing it seeing as i don't have long. Either way, if I make it or not, it will be one experience I wont forget.

Hopefully I'll see some of you out there! Good luck to everyone!
    "Teufel Hunden"

I'm flying into Bangor on May 31st. Climbing Katahdin on June 1st and then heading south on the 2nd.

well i actually already started my NOBO thruhike on March 4th, but had to come out on Saturday due to a stress fracture in my right leg, so I'll prob end up starting back up SOBO (so a flip flop) down to Erwin, TN where I left off whenever the docs give me the ok! already miss the trail and can't wait to get back out there! you guys will meet a lot of great ppl heading NOBO this year!
    btw, already got my trail name at Rufus Morgan Shelter thanks to Danu (another NOBO '12), I go by Taken

Yes.....Bangor is the closest airport to Baxter. Concord and Greyhound buslines service the Bangor area as well. Most hikers obtain shuttle services out of Bangor or connect with Cyr bus lines which drops off in Medway-still a long ways from Baxter. Shuttles can be arranged from Medway as well. I do a "100 mile wilderness" special for thru-hikers which includes overnight accommodations in one of my private cabins and a shuttle from Bangor to Baxter. Check out www.100milewilderness.info

Images

I practically live in Nashua, NH. I'm heading up at the end of May, not quite sure what I'll do logistically to get there yet, but am confident it will all work out. I have 2 nights reserved, and called to check on the logistics of adjusting that ($15 change fee) if necessary. Apparently there is still about 3 feet of snow on the mountain today, but far less snow this year (136") than last, so hopefully easier to have an earlier start date.

Does anyone know if there is a restriction on hiking Katahdin? Is there a certain date we have to wait for to hike it?

Graduating from college 26th of May, hoping to start my sobo the first or second weekend in June. I'm from CT so my parents said they would drive me up. Never done any long distance hiking but have done plenty of weekend trips. If anybody wants a hiking partner shoot me a PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
++ New Posts ++