WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Active User List??

This is a real dumb question but it's been bugging me for some time... On the home page of this site there is an active user list of those registered users currently logged on.

The question is, is why are some names highlighted in red?
    Downunda

Images

Default Red

2005 Hikers.
    GA - NJ 2001; GA - ME 2003; GA - ME 2005; GA - ME 2007; PCT 2006

A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will.
    —SPANISH PROVERB

Livin' life in the drive thru! hikerjohnd's Avatar
    Images

I'm glad you asked - I've been wondering the same thing... So far all I have come up with is that the red folks are prospective 2005 thru-hikers...

I thought I was the only one who didn't know! Thought I missed something!

Images

Class of 2005 AT thru-hikers.
    SGT Rock
    http://hikinghq.net

My 2008 Trail Journal of the BMT/AT

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide
    -----------------------------------------

NO SNIVELING

Default Now I Can Rest

Thanks folks, now I'll be able to rest in peace.
    Downunda

Default Where do I sign up for 2005

Quote Originally Posted by SGT Rock
    Class of 2005 AT thru-hikers.
    I can't seem to find the link to add my name to the list of 2005 Thru hikers list. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    One Thing
    It is far better to say this 'One Thing' I do, then these 40 things I dabble in"
    Washington Gladden

Images

When Troll gets on, he can tell you. He had some sort of system to join you to that list.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Here's a question.

Some people can be logged on but never appear in the Active Users list. SMS and Lone Wolf are two who come to mind.

Is there a firewall or some other software that keeps them off of the list? Or are they taking some sort of masking agent like MLB players who are on steroids?
    'All my lies are always wishes" ~Jeff Tweedy~

Images

Sure you can be "invisible". In your user CP, Find "Edit Options" on the left side of the screen. A set of options come up when you hit that link. The top one is:
    <FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND><LABEL for=cb_invisible>Use Invisible Mode</LABEL></LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.</TD></TR><TR><TD><LABEL for=cb_invisible><INPUT id=cb_invisible type=checkbox CHECKED value=1 name=options[invisible]>Use Invisible Mode</LABEL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET> <FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND><LABEL for=cb_showvcard>Allow vCard Download</LABEL></LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>You may choose to allow other users to download a vCard containing your email address and username.

If you want to keep your email address private, do not allow vCard downloads. </TD></TR><TR><TD><LABEL for=cb_showvcard><INPUT id=cb_showvcard type=checkbox CHECKED value=1 name=options[showvcard]>Allow vCard Download</LABEL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET>

Just make sure you check the invisibility mode and you cannot be seen except by an admin.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by One Thing
    I can't seem to find the link to add my name to the list of 2005 Thru hikers list. Any help would be great.

Thanks
    One Thing
    Ok One Thing you in there.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Ok One Thing you in there.
    Thanks...
    It is far better to say this 'One Thing' I do, then these 40 things I dabble in"
    Washington Gladden

American Idiot
    Images

I have a special mode the Free Masons gave me access to:

<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND><LABEL for=cb_invisible>God Invincible Mode</LABEL></LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Invincible mode allows you to strike fear in the hearts of 'Currently Active Users' without suffering any webmaster or moderator consequences.</TD></TR><TR><TD><LABEL for=cb_invisible><INPUT id=cb_invisible type=checkbox CHECKED value=1 name=options[invisible]>Use Invincible Mode</LABEL></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET>
    How many more of our soldiers must die in Iraq?

Livin' life in the drive thru! hikerjohnd's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher
    I have a special mode the Free Masons gave me access to:

<fieldset class="fieldset"><legend><label for="cb_invisible">God Invincible Mode</label></legend><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>Invincible mode allows you to strike fear in the hearts of 'Currently Active Users' without suffering any webmaster or moderator consequences.</td></tr><tr><td><label for="cb_invisible"><input id="cb_invisible" checked="checked" value="1" name="options[invisible]" type="checkbox">Use Invincible Mode</label></td></tr></tbody></table></fieldset>
    I like this button:
    So be it.
    --John

Images

Someone had an idea to change the "Ignore" button to a "Shut the F*** Up" button.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Its 5 minutes later and I'm still laughing at that last post Rock. Who suggested it?

Images

I can't remember exactly, I think it was in an off topic forum. Someone posted with their Head firmly implanted in the third point of contact, which is something this person does regularly, and that came up.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

American Idiot
    Images

You know, the number of registered users would drop significantly is you deleted the accounts of people who never posted and were last online over a year ago... I was browsing around and pulled up the members list, then sorted by join date and started clicking on member's names with zero post count. Surprisingly enough, quite a few were last online back in 2002. I'm guessing then, the number of registered users would at least halve itself if you went through and updated. A tedious process the way I did it, but I'm sure the webmaster status would allow you more access to search parameters.
    How many more of our soldiers must die in Iraq?

Images

It would. But then again there have been sites that I am member on I didn't check on for years but still occasionally go back to. I would hate for them to have deleted my account and then I have to go back and register again. They don't hur nuthin by being there. I also know of a user or two that have more than one account. Some of them we merged, some of them we haven't yet.
    SGT Rock

BMT Thru-Hikers' Guide

NO SNIVELING

Quote Originally Posted by Pencil Pusher
    You know, the number of registered users would drop significantly is you deleted the accounts of people who never posted and were last online over a year ago... I was browsing around and pulled up the members list, then sorted by join date and started clicking on member's names with zero post count. Surprisingly enough, quite a few were last online back in 2002. I'm guessing then, the number of registered users would at least halve itself if you went through and updated. A tedious process the way I did it, but I'm sure the webmaster status would allow you more access to search parameters.
    Yes, but then if everyone deleted their inactive users how would the likes of AOL be able to brag about their millions of users?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++