WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Images

Default NC section hike last 2 weeks of Oct.

I'm currently planning a section hike in lower NC in the last 2 weeks of Oct. I would like to start around Deep Gap and possibly finish at Fontana Damn. My plans are tentative at the moment as I am still ironing out the details. It appears as if all my regular hiking buddies aren't going to be available those weeks so I'm open to meeting a fellow hiker. If nothing works out, I'm not opposed to hiking solo, however I honestly would rather share the experience with someone. I also would like to get a little feedback from hikers who wouldn't normally have gone alone but actually braved it solo for the first time. How was the experience?

Do you have any dates yet? My hubby might be able to make it.

where are you driving from? im in nc i could bus to a pick up point possibly no car here

You get me dates and such I would see if I could get off work, only thing that could play into factor is Halloween with my son, other wise I'm there
    "Lord, with these hands we could end life, but allow me to use them to save so many more."

Images

Thanks everyone for the replies, I should have a firm time and date by mid week. I'll send pm's to see what we can work out.

I plan on starting at dicks creek gap near hiawassee ga on the 17th going north to NOC for 70 miles might see you out there!

++ New Posts ++