WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Heading for Springer

I will be heading out tomorrow for Gainsville, GA., and then hope to start from Springer Sunday or Monday. Lots of anticipation AND anxiety. Hope these old legs can walk the walk. And I hope the weather gods are kind.
    Damn this pack is heavy! (40+) Look forward to warmer weather so I can shed the extra clothing. Hope to see some of you on the trail. Skeeterfeeder....
    A man said to the universe, "Sir, I exist."
    "However", replied the universe, "that fact does not instill in me a sense of obligation."

Have a great hike! You're probably too far ahead for us to meet up on the trail (I don't start until mid-April), but here's to a reasonably moderate year weather wise!
    Last edited by Knees; 02-26-2005 at 02:11. Reason: can't spell worth a darn when it's past midnight!

congratulations! your anxiety bug hit you before mine the best of luck to you --- things are simplier out there. i envy that. i can't wait.

Default Finished

Just a follow up: I summited Katahdin the 20th of August. Hopefully my feet will some day forgive me and quit hurting.
    A man said to the universe, "Sir, I exist."
    "However", replied the universe, "that fact does not instill in me a sense of obligation."

++ New Posts ++