WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Lowa Boots

Default Lowa Boots

I have seen Lowa boots advertised online and a few backpackers waer them. So far the only thing I can see it the 250.00 to 400.00 price tag! Has anyone use these boots and what is all the hooplah about?
    Thanks in advance

My husband and I have worn Lowa Renegades for years. They're a mid to lightweight leather boot. They used to cost $99 - now are probably $180 or so unless you get them on sale. I mostly wear running shoes these days, but in winter I like leather boots for added warmth and if I know I'll be hiking rough rocky trail, I like the extra protection I get from boots. My husband can't wear running shoes without a lot of problems, so his boots are both for hiking and everyday use. Lowas are comfortable right out of the box - we've had no blisters at all with them. They used to be pretty durable, but have been less so in recent years.

Images

I owned a pair of renegade GTX mids a few years back. they were very comfortable with good traction. since then Ive switched to Keens, the toebox is bigger for me and theyre a bit lighter. I think the renegades run around $180 these days. good boots.

Thanks for every ones input, I will start looking for last years boots on sale

I tested some for BGT. I think they retailed for $200. I was and still am very happy with them. I look forward to using them for a long time.

Lowa Renegade GTX Mid Boots
    ...take nothing but memories and pictures, leave nothing but footprints, and kill only time... (Bette Filley in Discovering the Wonders of the Wonderland Trail)

I had a pair of Lowas ($250.00) a few years back. I did NOT get along with them. Blisters galore. REI refunded my money. But getting the right boots is a very individual thing. You have to try several , usually before you find the right ones. After the Lowas, I used Asolo for several years, and now I have gone on to Vasque.

++ New Posts ++