WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Boots

:banana Boots

Has anyone ever hiked with Zamberlan boots? If so what has been your experience?

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

I can say trail runners that fit your foot type work great for me on the AT. I once used Salomon boots and had issues halfway through.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

My concern is early march when snow is very possible and keeping my feet warm and dry. Have any suggestions?

I cannot help you with the Zamberlan's but I am in the minority who wore/prefer boots. Went through 4 pairs, each made by a different company, and absolutely loved my Asolo boots By far the best for me. But everyone is different in regards to footwear.

The all-leather Italian made are excellent. I would steer clear of all boots made in China.

I use the Zamberlan Trekker RR boots and have had them for several years now. These boots are by far my favorite boots for backpacking. I wear them anytime I am not planning to be snowshoeing. They are extremely well made, comfortable, and the price isn't too bad either. For me, I am sold on zamberlans and will never use a different brand of boot. That's how well i like them. They take microspikes/ other traction aids well also. I treat mine reguarly(1-2 times a year) with obenaufs LP to maintain the leather and to ensure waterproofness.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

Thank you for your comments. I am breaking in my zamberlans now. They say it takes 3-6 months!

I have the Zamberlan Vioz GT's. They didn't take 3-6 months to break in, but they did take a good 100-120 trail miles. They are the second most comfortable pair of boots I've ever worn, but my most comfortable boots are sadly no longer made. I use my Zamberlans for deep winter hiking only, now. I wear Chaco sandals or trail runners for hiking in all other seasons because my feet over heat easily.

Images

I think I am also in the minority that likes/prefers boots. I hiked the majority of the trail in trail runners though...haha. LOVED going back to my boots in Maine. I have the Salomon Quest 4D GTX boots, put right around 900 miles on them on the trail. No issues whatsoever. Amazing boots.

++ New Posts ++