WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: No more ROOM!!

Exclamation No more ROOM!!

Okay...we leave in 12 days...got all the gear together...and packed it up in the rucksack....will have to shave off some items and I am currently at 26 lbs and that does not include food or water or my sleeping pad!!

Anyway...the problem I am having is I have run out of room in the rucksack!!!
    I have never hiked with stuff attached to the outside of my rucksack...what do I do now? I have a Karrimor Cougar 50-75litre sack!!!

GAVA '04; GAME '05
    Images

All the best on your hike!
    You can always make some time to stop in at the Walasi-Yi Center, only about three days in. They have some great people who work there and they probably won't be so crazy-busy as they will be in four weeks. You can ask one of their associates to go through your stuff and they will be able to help pare down some of your gear or at the very least help you figure a way to pack it all in.

Spirit in search of experience. wacocelt's Avatar
    Images

Jacky, you may want to re-post this in the gear thread, only us 2005'ers can view the topics here.
    Everything is exactly as it should be. This too shall pass.

Quote Originally Posted by wacocelt
    Jacky, you may want to re-post this in the gear thread, only us 2005'ers can view the topics here.
    I thought of doing that...but....I'm a bit afraid of some of those posters....

I'm going to take my tent out to the back garden tomorrow and re-pack it...I think it's not packed tight enough...that may free up some space...

Hopefully it won't snow tonight....there was some snow earlier this evening...

Damn! And I was hoping the kitchen sink could come with me!!

++ New Posts ++