WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Getting Impatient

I'm not leaving for my thru-hike til June 1st, and I'm starting to lose my mind. I'm a college senoir and I won't be doen with school for at least another year (to get my teaching certf.) and everything I'm learning about the business world sickens me. So many unneccessary products aimed at people who dont need anymore stuff, aka Hummers and video/picture cell phones. I can't wait to get out on the trail and get away from tv, cell phones, cars, work, and people (who are lazy). I know I can always turn to all of you fro advice and snipits of info about the trail that I love. Thanks for giving me a place to escape to here before I escape on the trail. anyone else share my feeling about the culture around us, and the shifts in society, and all of the excess around us. cause in this peroid of waiting i have ahead of me, i'll feel alot better knowing i'm not the only one.
    Maine2Georgia.com
    A Southbound Adventure

Spirit in search of experience. wacocelt's Avatar
    Images

No little brother, you're not the only one. I'de like to warn you that hiking the trail will get you away from all of that, for a period of time, then increase the difficulty of returning to it all a hundred fold. It sure has for me.
    Everything is exactly as it should be. This too shall pass.

Move to India. Their culture is completly different.
    "After you have exhausted what there is in business, politics, conviviality, and so on—have found that none of these finally satisfy, or permanently wear—what remains? Nature remains." -Walt Whitman

Captain Chaos
    http://www.trailjournals.com/captainchaos/

Quote Originally Posted by wacocelt
    No little brother, you're not the only one. I'de like to warn you that hiking the trail will get you away from all of that, for a period of time, then increase the difficulty of returning to it all a hundred fold. It sure has for me.
    thanks, I'm happy to hear someone is with me...and I can only imagine how hard it will be to coem back to all of it after getting away from them and living the trail life.
    Maine2Georgia.com
    A Southbound Adventure

Well, it's less than 10 weeks before Blake and I leave for our Flip-Flop from Harpers Ferry. I was just looking at the Calander and it all became very real to me how little time I have left before I go. I was trying to plan out the next 10 weekends, and found that I only have 4 that I can go and do whatever I want. This makes it tuff since I wanted to hike the 52 mile Metacomet Trail in CT before I left, and I also wanted to make sure I got a chance to visit with all my friends and girlfriend. This heavy social load hasn't put a dent in my excitement. I just hope I use the time wisely and make sure I am all set for June 1st.

Thanks again to everyone who has visited www.TheNorthernJourney.com and left your well wishes to Blake and I, we really appreciate all the comments left on the message board.
    Maine2Georgia.com
    A Southbound Adventure

++ New Posts ++