WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by bflorac View Post
    If you have WIDE feet, your best (and only) bet is New Balance. I have 4E feet with a high arch and have tried ever brand under the sun and spent lots of $$$ in my quest. Best boot I can find is the New Balance MO1000BY. It is a bit heavy compared to some of the more recent offerings. I would like something lighter perhaps even low cut but this boot is flexible with a good sole so your feet will not bruise. It almost feels like a sneaker and in the 4E width my toes can finally breath and not blister. It is insulated but I did not find it uncomfortable or any warmer than any other boot. It laces well and allows you to tighten up just the ankle if needed for long downhill runs. It says it is waterproof but don't believe it (there is no such thing). Toss out the stock insoles and use Superfeet of your liking.
    New Ballence Hikers - wear out very quickly when compared to hiking /runners - from other companies... I shot thru one NB pair per year...
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Journal Entries
    Images

Oh second thought Merrel was carried in large sizes at DSG and I can guess they still do. Ask the shoe guy in the store,
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Don't get caught up on one shoe. Just because the offer different lengths or perhaps different widths, that does not mean the boot fits your foot. Comfort is EVERYTHING and must not be comprised. If it is not wright, to to a different style or brand. Since you have wide feet your options are going to be limited. All the "top" brands to not offer a WIDE shoe. Some do have a larger box that may be allow you to get by. As far as I know New Balance is the only brand you can get in EE, EEE or EEEE.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    New Ballence Hikers - wear out very quickly when compared to hiking /runners - from other companies... I shot thru one NB pair per year...
    But I would take a pair that fits over a pair that last long any day.

I only have about 200 miles of hiking on my New Balance boots but they still look great. Not all NB boots have the same soles...(same for any brand)

Images

I have wide feet with bunions, and as a result I have searched far and wide (no pun intended) for a pair of well fitting boots or trail runners. I have found three that have worked for me: Altra Lone Peak; Chacos; and Zamberlan Vios Plus GT RR. Most shoes are rather pointed at the toes, causing the toes to be squeezed together. The Altras and the Zamberlans have a boxier toebox, eliminating that problem. Of course, Chacos are sandals and are thus probably the best solution in warmer weather. YMMV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++