WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Kelty Grand Mesa 2

I am looking at this tent to use backpacking trips considering everyone i used to backpack with is moving away and they had the shelters. So what is anyone's thoughts on this tent? Or recommend any other tents under $200 that will fit one or two people with gear. Much help is appreciated First Post

Images

I have this tent and it's been good for me. I'm a big guy so I need a 2 man tent and this one is a good balance between cost and weight. Actually got mine on ebay for 80 bucks. It has plenty of room to be comfortable and spread out your gear after a rainy day and the vestebule easily fits a pack with room to cook left over if you need. Setup is easy and it's never leaked for me. The only thing I would change is that I would prefer a tent with a side entry/vestebule instead of on the end like this tent.

Hike smarter, not harder.

I'd watch steep and cheap. They'v been having some killer deals on Marmot and Big Agnes tents.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

Images

Is this too small for two people? Like a guy and his gf? We aren't big people...

Images

You can sleep two smaller, very familir people inside it without much trouble. The single end entry would be a pain and the vestebule isn't very big to cover gear for two people.

++ New Posts ++