WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another NeoAir first for the Xlite: "Stuff sack and repair kit included."

So MSRP of $10 more than the current 2011 NeoAir which does NOT come with the stuff sack ($15) or repair kit ($10) so it actually $15 cheaper all things considered (Large size).

Still pricey compared to other options including 2011 NeoAir on sale for ~$130 Klymit Intertia at $130 w/stuff sack and repair kit, etc.

http://cascadedesigns.com/therm-a-re...-xlite/product

Images

When my Big Agnes pad started leaking (around valve - can't patch), I bought the ExPed Downmat and have been on several hikes with it. I love it . . . so much more than the BA. The built-in pump works great and the large deflate valve makes deflation sooooooo easy! Packs relatively small for a 0* pad and it is so warm, I'm sleeping with just my feet in the foot box and my 20* bag draped over me unzipped. Have done that and kept warm down into the mid-twenties so far. This is great since I hate having to zip up my mummy!

Journal Entries

Just picked up a thermarest 'Trekker', only 47 inches long but nice and wide at 25 inches, with a bag, shipping and Zappo warranty for 99 bucks. Truly about the size of a Nalgene bottle and only weighs a pound.
    So Now I'm itching to try it out....

All of the inflatables will leave you cold if they spring a leak. If I used an inflatable pad (regardless of what it's insulated with, or how much of whatever), I would bring at least a 1/2 length closed cell pad as a backup (1/2" thick). I've always used ccf on snow inside a tent. In a shelter I'd probably use ccf over an inflatable (my inflatable is a BA non-insulated mummy). Truth is, now that I hang, it's not likely that I'd ever need a pad, though my pack demands that I carry some ccf as a suspension enhancer, so I always have something to fall back on (pun intended).
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Not committing until I graduate! Sassafras Lass's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Limeman View Post
    . . . Pacific Outdoor Equipment Peak Elite AC pad . . . weighs only 10.2 oz for a size R and cost me a whopping $62 shipped to my door . . .
    Really? So POE is overstating the weight when their website says the Regular is 14 oz.? That's 2 oz. more than the XLite.

Also it's a bit incorrect to state the POE "has a higher R rating" because their website says '2.5-4.4', and the NeoAir XLite is at 3.3, comfortably in the middle.

Just sayin'. Though I don't doubt you really like your pad and it works well for you - I considered a POE pad myself before I got a great deal on a BA Insulated Air Core.
    Formerly 'F-Stop'

If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.

~ Dolly Parton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++