WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Registered User Tennessee Viking's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

So far the FMST has recognized about 23 individuals. Taba has completed 2 single way thrus and 1 yo-yo.

The MST is not your usual backcountry trail. It is a combination of rural backroads, remote backcountry trails, state parks trails, and beachfront. Its becoming a social trail because hikers are in need of support all the long stretches on the parkway and down on the Piedmont roads. But we had President and 1st Lady Obama on it. A lot of the MST runs on existing parkway, Pisgah Forest, and state park trails.
    ''Tennessee Viking'
    Mountains to Sea Trail Hiker & Maintainer
    Former TEHCC (AT) Maintainer

Yea, I've done alot of research on the trail already. I'm personally into backcountry backpacking mostly, but I see the draw of the other aspects. My cousin (and roommate) is thinking about hiking the MST (or part of it) next summer. We've started day hiking parts of the trail.

What sections of the trail are canoe-able? I've seen a few references to canoeing part of it.

Just as an update, not forgetting all of this. Been cash strapped, a little behind on the hostel build-out. Definitely going to let everyone camp out if they need to. Anyone needing directions from the parkway let me know. (not hard, nice flat walk from the parkway to my place)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++