WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

His journal states that he started May 5 and finished July 10.
    http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=10523

Images

Anyone else keeping tabs on Scott Jurek's run at FKT, supported?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Moose2001 View Post
    Not sure what trail they were talking about but I'm sure it wasn't the AT. To do the AT in 39 days, you would have to average 55 miles a day. Just not possible.
    Talk to the ultra runners. Fifty-five a day is totally doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacchoromyces View Post
    Talk to the ultra runners. Fifty-five a day is totally doable.
    not in NH and ME

Quote Originally Posted by BabySue View Post
    Very helpful and interesting sticky note--thanks.
    I want to propose clarity on an upcoming matter. This is not a correction of anyone in particular; it's more in anticipation of what will be said at the end of Jennifer Pharr Davis's hike. If she does achieve the fastest AT completion, then we can say, "JPD has the fastest AT completion time" or "JPD has the unsupported AT record." We will also still be able to say, "JPD has the women's unsupported AT record." But we will not be able to say, "JPD has the women's and the men's record." She is a woman, and therefore any record she holds is a woman's record. We could, of course, say, "JPD has the women's record, which is faster than the men's," or more simply, "JPD has the overall record." I'm pointing out, and tryint to dispel, the assumption that a men's record is always better than a women's. This is so ingrained in us that we sometimes speak of a woman setting a man's record without noticing the absurdity of that. If, for example, a man were currently attempting an AT unsupported record, and he finished today (July 13) with a time faster than any woman has done it, but not faster than any man, we wouldn't think of saying that he holds the women's record. Why? Because he's not a woman.
    I remember 30 years ago the so-called experts were predicting that women's athletic records would surpass male's records within 20 years. Still waiting.

I listen to the podcast and this past week they announced that FKT has been sold to Outside, Inc. Oddly, I don't think the host of the podcast is going to be continuing the podcast. The episode had maybe 6 guests talking about what they had contributed and what they will be doing. And the host, Buzz, basically said he "didn't know" what the future held for him. No mention about whether the podcast will continue or not. I hope it does. Anyone out there here this last episode and catch something I missed?
    https://tinyurl.com/MyFDresults

A vigorous five-mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world. ~Paul Dudley White

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++