WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Rides to Billville Hiker Feed

Driving to the Billville Hiker Feed? Hikers leaving Duncannon tomorrow expect to be at 501 road crossing Thursday night and want to come back. Other hikers through Duncannon last several days also want to come back. So if you are coming from north down please stop at road crossings in Port Clinton and the Pavilion in Port Clinton, 501 road crossing, Rt 72 road crossing.

or I 81 near Lickdale

If anyone from Massachusetts wants to ride down and split gas, I'll give them a ride. Otherwise, I won't be able to make it. It would be best to leave Thursday, 7/7

Brewmaster, Pizza Chef
    Images

I'm thinking of coming down Saturday and can pick up hikers anywhere from Rt 309 to points south. I can comfortably carry 4 hikers plus gear or squeeze in 5.

Best way to reach me is PM here or email [email protected].
    Last edited by Second Half; 07-06-2011 at 22:29.
    Everything is easy until you do it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Second Half View Post
    I'm thinking of coming down Saturday and can pick up hikers anywhere from Rt 309 to points south. I can comfortably carry 4 hikers plus gear or squeeze in 5. Or even 6 if everyone holds their gear in their lap.

Best way to reach me is PM here or email [email protected].

What accomodations are available in Duncannon Saturday night? I can always sleep in my car if there's a place to park without problem.

most will be camping in the town park where there is food, water, flush toilets, pavilion, some shade and a nice grass lawn to camp on.
    Or you can stay in the Doyle hotel for about $25 a night.
    you won't need to sleep in your car.

Panzer

Brewmaster, Pizza Chef
    Images

Well it seems every time I make plans having to do with the trail something comes up. Unfortunately my car is in the shop and I won't be able to make it down after all. Y'all have fun.
    Last edited by Second Half; 07-08-2011 at 12:04.
    Everything is easy until you do it.

Will finish someday ;)

I am leaving shortly and should be stopping at Port Clinton around 4:45 or so.
    Or Feel free to call me at 2672-80 3569 if you need a ride Now from somewhere else along the way (Allentown to Duncannon).

Images

I'd love to go but am currently vehicle-less, and I can help pay for gas and also pitch in with setup and cleanup at the event. I'm in Wilmington DE not far from Rt. 202 if you're headed North to Duncannon. Message me here and I'll keep checking. Thanks.

I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.

~John Muir

++ New Posts ++