WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Facebook Platform

What does "The Facebook Platform" do? I clicked on it and hit "allow". I now see my facebook profile pic at the top of the WB page.

What is the purpose, or what does this mean/do?
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

I think it means you can play Farmville right here on WB.

Journal Entries
    Images

It only brings you to your facebook page, I believe.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Flip flop, flip flopping' LASHin' 2000 miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I found that it brought portions of my FB profile info into my WB profile. I didn't like that, so I killed that link.
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    https://lighterpack.com/r/38fgjt
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillyWilly View Post
    I found that it brought portions of my FB profile info into my WB profile. I didn't like that, so I killed that link.
    Facebook doesn't make things easy, or sense sometimes. IMO, Whiteblaze would be better off with a simple "Like" button, but you need to be a "Page" for that to work best. Otherwise, if your a "Group" or signed up to Facebook as a member, like Whiteblaze is, it's only a stat next to the button. If you have a "Page" (which is similar to a Group), people, or other "Pages" can Like, or unLike you, or subscribe via RSS directly on Facebook. The problem is, besides constantly changing how things work, you can't change between member, Page and Group, so if you have a lot of subscribers in one format, you'll need to start over if you want to change. Anyway, it seems everyone is linking to Facebook, one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Facebook doesn't make things easy, or sense sometimes. IMO, Whiteblaze would be better off with a simple "Like" button, but you need to be a "Page" for that to work best. Otherwise, if your a "Group" or signed up to Facebook as a member, like Whiteblaze is, it's only a stat next to the button. If you have a "Page" (which is similar to a Group), people, or other "Pages" can Like, or unLike you, or subscribe via RSS directly on Facebook. The problem is, besides constantly changing how things work, you can't change between member, Page and Group, so if you have a lot of subscribers in one format, you'll need to start over if you want to change. Anyway, it seems everyone is linking to Facebook, one way or another.
    What purpose does the Facebook integration serve? I see no need of a "like" button on postings. I also noticed Facebook was one of the things I have to wait to load when I log on to White Blaze.
    Does Facebook support WhietBlaze in any way?
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    What purpose does the Facebook integration serve? I see no need of a "like" button on postings. I also noticed Facebook was one of the things I have to wait to load when I log on to White Blaze.
    Does Facebook support WhietBlaze in any way?
    For some reason people love facebook and must include it in EVERY aspect of their lives. The site invades privacy, works with the federal government in collecting data. Gives nothing back to the users, and DOES slow pages down. I vote to remove the integration.
    School makes you sound wise, while the world actually makes you wise.

++ New Posts ++