WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Default Gary Michael Hilton Indicted. Again.

That waste of space, Gary Michael Hilton has yet again been indicted on multiple counts, this time on federal charges. Looks like he'll be making a little trip to Charlotte. I know a few places they can drop him off and let the animals destroy him, thus saving a costly trial and incarceration period. Really ready for this POS to meet his maker and to hear the last of him.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...laying-of.html
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Court in Asheville approves delay in serial killer's trial

http://www.citizen-times.com/article...-deaths-hikers
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Journal Entries
    Images

I don't know about lawyers - it appears that the delay is less about reading thousands of documents and more about billing the state for money as its a capital defense case - so the real looser here is the taxpayer....? that's my guess... if I am wrong please explain. Gary has already lost his first trial so what really is the point here?

I am sure we have a few attorneys here on WB......
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I don't know about lawyers - it appears that the delay is less about reading thousands of documents and more about billing the state for money as its a capital defense case - so the real looser here is the taxpayer....? that's my guess... if I am wrong please explain. Gary has already lost his first trial so what really is the point here?

I am sure we have a few attorneys here on WB......
    Yep - even a defense attorney - moi! Never did a jury trial or even a felony, but the principle is the same: even the worst serial are entitled to competent defense, and and at a MINIMUM, that means reading all the docs in the case. How much more money would it cost if a conviction got overturned because his attorney didn't have time to prepare? And that would be a no brainer. As for why bother? How about because the relatives of the other victims (not to mention the victims) deserve justice too?
    Quilteresq
    2013, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by quilteresq View Post
    . As for why bother? How about because the relatives of the other victims (not to mention the victims) deserve justice too?
    And if the case was thrown out on a technicality? Talk about beating a dead horse, he's already got the death penalty. Speaking as someone that had a brother murdered, it would be enough to know that Hilton isn't going to see the light of day outside a jail cell again.

If Florida has already sentenced him to death, what's the purpose? Like WOO says, it's the taxpayer that loses. NC should just offer to pay the electric bill and call it close enough.

Journal Entries
    Images

They might move this thread to sensitive trail Members Only so be aware you might want to register for that area on WB.

for me the quandary is that Gary continues to breath the air. If I was in the shoes of a relative where it was clear that he did the crime and did it again in another state - I would be perfectly happy to see him get the ultimate sentence. I understand that & its not a bother...Only when there's doubt would this be worthwhile and this case does not appear to be in that position...

What I mean by that was a comment from Ron White....

"I'm from Texas and in Texas we have the death penalty and we use it. That's right, if you come to Texas and kill somebody, we will kill you back. That's our policy. Right now there's a bill in the Texas legislature that would speed up the execution process of those convicted of a heinous crime with more than three credible witnesses. If more than three people saw you do what you did you don't sit on death row for 15 years Jack, you go straight to the front of the line. Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty. My state's puttin in an express lane."
    Ron White- Blue Collar Comedy Tour
    Dogs are excellent judges of character, this fact goes a long way toward explaining why some people don't like being around them.

Woo

They wouldn't have to move it if only facts were discussed based on the news reports.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Instead of the death penalty we need an Auschwitz type equivalent for GMH types. Lethal injection is too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    Instead of the death penalty we need an Auschwitz type equivalent for GMH types. Lethal injection is too easy.
    I'm not sure how you think that would help.

Here are some descriptions of methods of execution...

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/desc...cution-methods

Yeah its kinda pointless. I mean its pretty much like prosecuting a dead person, which I am pretty sure you cant do in any state.

If a serial killer were to die before he was prosecuted would the victims family get any less justice? If he is guilty then he is guilty, doesnt really matter if the court has time to make it official if he is dead.

Is it raining yet?
    Images

It's amazing to read how many murders he's linked to. Imagine all the ones the police know nothing about.
    Be Prepared

++ New Posts ++