WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default New Milford Deli Closing

The New Milford Deli located on Route 94 in between Vernon NJ and Warwick NY has recently gone out of business. Rumors are that the property got foreclosed so I am not sure what the future holds for this building, but for the foreseeable future the Deli will not be open. The Deli was located very close to the AT and I believe it was listed in most if not all of the guidebooks. I just want everyone who is hiking this season to be aware that this Deli is no longer in business. I know I would hate to walk a few miles in search of food only to find a vacant building. If I hear any updates on the situation I will pass them along.

Journal Entries

Major bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by trainhopper View Post
    The New Milford Deli located on Route 94 in between Vernon NJ and Warwick NY has recently gone out of business. Rumors are that the property got foreclosed so I am not sure what the future holds for this building, but for the foreseeable future the Deli will not be open. The Deli was located very close to the AT and I believe it was listed in most if not all of the guidebooks. I just want everyone who is hiking this season to be aware that this Deli is no longer in business. I know I would hate to walk a few miles in search of food only to find a vacant building. If I hear any updates on the situation I will pass them along.
    YOUTUBE: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCMDkRcGP1yP20SOD-oiSGcQ
    Instagram: DIGGER_PCT_2016
    twitter: @takethisbread
    AT 2x, LT, JMT, CT, Camino, Ireland Coast to Coast, HWT, WT, NET, NST, PCT

The owner of this establishment was not friendly at all to me and my hiking buddies last Spring. There were six of us and we all just got the general impression that he wanted us out as soon as possible. So all my buddies left, but I stayed and ordered a sandwich. To this day I'm thoroughly convinced that sandwich made me mad-crazy-sick for two days. That night at the shelter I threw up four times. Talk about a miserable hike to High Point the next day. Geesh!

++ New Posts ++