WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Will the three random photos be coming back to the homepage? That was pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Will the three random photos be coming back to the homepage? That was pretty popular.
    I second this. In fact, I thought when I joined WB in '05, there were 4 photos at the top.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Yates View Post
    I'm having the same problem Attroll. The Face Book, Notification, Profile & my login name overlay each other. The Log In is clear on my PC but those 4 overlay each other and cannot be used as is.
    I believe it was the logo that was causing this issue. I have shortened the logo. I hope this helps the people with older computers.

I am working on this but I am having problems getting it to work.
    AT Troll (2010)
    Time does not wait for you, it keeps on rolling.

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    I'm gradually finding most that I use. I do miss "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts." Is it really no longer available?
    I don't understand why this is such a big issue. Either way, I have fixed it so that it now displays again.
    AT Troll (2010)

Images

Noticed that this morning. Thanks, attroll. I, for one, really appreciate all you're doing to improve this site!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I don't understand why this is such a big issue. Either way, I have fixed it so that it now displays again.
    Rick- Let me chime in with my thanks as well for restoring this feature. I think it helps those of us who only post occasionally to peruse recent posts without having to try and figure out at which point we last visited.
    "Take another road to another place,disappear without a trace..." --Jimmy Buffet

Bummer you got rid of Whiteblaze supports the ATC and ALDHA logo. That was really cool looking, much better, and more appropriate than the Facebook connect button.

Bummer you got rid of Whiteblaze supports the ATC and ALDHA logo. That was really cool looking, much better, and more appropriate than the Facebook connect button.
    +1 on the logo....facebook is downright evil.
    School makes you sound wise, while the world actually makes you wise.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Coming along very nicely. I bet within a week or so people will wonder what all the fuss was about.

That's why you don't give in to the "please go back to the way it was" folks even though it is tempting. Upgrades are necessary a evil. In a perfect world an upgrade like this would be done on a test server and the kinks worked out before performing it on the live system but that's not always easy to do.

Journal Entries

When I open WhiteBlaze I check all the threads, but only open the 3 percent that interest me. When I return I don't like to have to review the thread titles that I've already looked at and decided not to open.

I only open threads on subjects I'm interested in, or which I think I might be able to offer some useful information. Since I last walked most of the trail 18 years ago, I rarely have anything up to date on queries about specific sections. I also rarely buy cutting edge gear any more, so I have have nothing useful to say about such matters.

Anyway, that's why the message in question is useful, not a big deal, but useful.

Journal Entries
    Images

I agree Sly. I will try to find a way to work it back in later.
    AT Troll (2010)

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by weary View Post
    When I open WhiteBlaze I check all the threads, but only open the 3 percent that interest me. When I return I don't like to have to review the thread titles that I've already looked at and decided not to open.

I only open threads on subjects I'm interested in, or which I think I might be able to offer some useful information. Since I last walked most of the trail 18 years ago, I rarely have anything up to date on queries about specific sections. I also rarely buy cutting edge gear any more, so I have have nothing useful to say about such matters.

Anyway, that's why the message in question is useful, not a big deal, but useful.
    Another way to avoid this would be to mark All Messages Read before you log off. Then when you log back on, the only thing showing new would be only New Posts since you last logged off.
    AT Troll (2010)

Another way to avoid this would be to mark All Messages Read before you log off. Then when you log back on, the only thing showing new would be only New Posts since you last logged off.
    How do I do this?
    "Take another road to another place,disappear without a trace..." --Jimmy Buffet

Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    How do I do this?
    When in the FORUMS tab, click the dropdown in the secondary navbar titled FORUM ACTIONS (just below the forum tab), then click MARK ALL FORUMS READ.
    AT Troll (2010)

Flip flop, flip flopping' LASHin' 2000 miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    How do I do this?
    Click on "Today's Posts" or "New Posts," then "Mark Forums Read" in the grey bar right under "2000 Miler Listing."
    L Dog
    AT 2000 Miler
    The Laughing Dog Blog
    https://lighterpack.com/r/38fgjt
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." - John Muir

Journal Entries

Well, I don't read all of them, or even very many of the many WhiteBlaze messages. Quite often, however, I will choose to eventually review some unread messages if I sense I've overlooked something of interest, Or just out of curiosity over a thread with multiple replies, even though the initial title didn't spur any interest by me.

It's just a tiny thing. But it helps me get the most of the site at my own pace.

Journal Entries
    Images

I am not saying I will do this, but if I were to add a new Tab with a dropdown list with quick reference links. For example; UserCP, Membership List.
    What would people like to see in the drop down list?
    AT Troll (2010)

attroll, when you first began this new update, I critized WB because
    "I don't like the new face of WB" since then I have changed my mind and I offer you an apology. You have really cleaned things up and it is looking good. THANKS !!

my buttons are all bubble-ly. make it stop.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Yates View Post
    attroll, when you first began this new update, I critized WB because
    "I don't like the new face of WB" since then I have changed my mind and I offer you an apology. You have really cleaned things up and it is looking good. THANKS !!
    This is precisely why you resist the calls to "PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!".

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
++ New Posts ++