WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SOBO 2012 - Want Company?

Hello All,
    My husband and I are planning on starting a SOBO thru-hike some time in June 2012. We know that SOBO hikers are few and far between, and we would like to find other thru-hikers to start with or meet up with. We don't mind spending time alone on the trail, but the trail is L O N G and we would love company. I don't think we'll miss fighting for space in shelters, or having crowds of people around like the Northbounders do, but we would miss the chance to have a trail family. So, if you're going our way next year and you might like some company, let us know.

Journal Entries

me and a friend of mine are SOBO. Hoping to start about June 22nd or so. shoot me an email- [email protected]

2012South- I might be interested but I would not be thru-hiking. I want to do Khatadin and the 100 Mile Wilderness and then I might drop off. But I also live in FL so we might share in getting up there as I will be driving. If interested send me an email at [email protected]

Images

Default Sobo 2012

I am also going to be starting SOBO in june. I am flexible to any starting date, andwould enjoy the company. Feel free to contact me. [email protected]

I'll be SOBO from Pearisburg, VA, starting around the last
    week in August 2012. Did the Northern 1500 miles in 1992.
    Plan to finish 20 years later! Possible hook-up ?

Alan @ [email protected]
    Last edited by Hikers Haven; 06-25-2011 at 17:21.

Default Sobo 2012

Hello,

I am planning on a southbound thru-hike in June 2012 when I graduate from college. I don't mind solitude that much, but my family is very unhappy about the idea that I might be setting out by myself. It would be nice to have someone to plan to start with! Let me know if interested!

Journal Entries

Default Me too

I'm kind of in the same situation. I'm taking some time off to thru hike SOBO starting June 1st hopefully but the parents def want me not to be hiking alone. So yeah I gotta give them something so if you want find me on facebook. micayla burrows. and we should talk. best, -mic
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmays01 View Post
    Hello,

I am planning on a southbound thru-hike in June 2012 when I graduate from college. I don't mind solitude that much, but my family is very unhappy about the idea that I might be setting out by myself. It would be nice to have someone to plan to start with! Let me know if interested!

I'm looking to do a large section come June as well whether it be NOBO or SOBO. Ill have a very flexible schedule then, so let me know where you'll be around early June.

Images

I am in South FL. and would like to do about 2 week hike in early June.Please email me if interested

Images

Let me know when in June, I am flexible after the end of May.

hello All, I am looking to head thru-hike SOBO and would love the company. I need to leave around then end of May.

Hello, my name is Kemper and I am looking forward in doing a southbound hike starting in June also. A friend is suppose to come along as well but i would love to hike with you guys to. Im not sure she is planning on doing the whole thing so I would like to have a trail family along the way Us SOBO's gotta stick together. My email is [email protected] Keep me posted on your plans Can't wait to get back on trail!

Kemper, Im Jody. my email is [email protected]. I am looking to do a SOBO beginning the last few days of may not later than 1 June. Shoot me an email and lets see if we can put a plan together.

Im leaving around June 12th from SC, starting my hike the 17th.

Im headed south the end of May

Hi all,
    Just got my reservation confimation for a tent site at KSC. Getting a ride up May 31st, staying in Millinocket and then I'm headin' south. I plan on summiting K on June 1st. Hope to see you out there.

Hey, I want to hike SOBO starting as soon as possible. I don't have a partner yet, but would love to hike with a group. I'm starting at Khatadin and hopefully going the whole way. Hope to see you guys on the trail! Keep in touch as the time gets closer.

I'm interested in doing SOBO for a little while. I can start as early as mid-may from Maine (Because I live here). I'm not in very good shape (i.e. overweight) but I figure this hike would cure me of it. I'm a 31 year old, male nurse e-mail is [email protected] if anyone is interested please e-mail me. I'd love to have a trail family or a partner in crime. Would make it less intimidating.

My wife and I were planning to hike NOBO Leaving the first week of may but I don't believe we're going to meet that deadline so with each passing day it's looking like we will be headed SOBO sometime in June.

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] or follow me on twitter @tmckay9.

Default SOBO 2012 - Want Company?

I will be leaving SOBO early June. Probably the 1st or second hopefully headed to springer. You can reach me http://www.thedustycamel.org/bill

Or [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++