WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default After talking to 4 thru hikers Osprey seems best

Osprey packs ,will stand by there gear , if a osprey pack breaks on the appalachain trail you can simply swing by an outfitter and switch it out , if the outfitter cant help you or you are to far away from outfitter and you are a true long distance hiker they mail your pack where you need it sent ,or if you have a part that breaks they will send that particular part , I also heard that they sometimes will send a back pack care set up , osprey also has a great resevior return policy , they also showed up at trail days this year with a sewing machine to fix packs on the trail for ppl , osprey also reycles there packs and will repair the applachain thru hiker pack and then sell it at speicified repair sell , this helps save the world by less pollution , in other other word s they are using less resources then there competors to make the same amount of packs , this in turn helps saves the appalachain because less pollution is made and also gives vets like me a chance to get a good pack and a great deal , truly in my eyes i can tell osprey just wants hikers to be safe and comfortable on the trail , there gear is known to make it from g.a to m.e ,My biggest mistake this year is not buying a osprey pack i will score one when my va check comes on the 1st cause i want my girlfriend to have gear i know she can trust and when your life is on the line in the 100 mile wilderness i need to know my loved one has the best gear ,the osprey all mighty guarntee covers there packs for life and will repair for free !jeez i feel stupid for starting without an osprey pack!!!!!!!!!!!!there are 4 hikers around me with osprey packs and here i am setting with my second broken kelty pack hhaha jokes on me I guess

stardust my girlfriend has the coyote , and its a great pack but the mesh on the belt things broke .it looks cool but did not hold up sadly and every vet is special in my eyes ...so yea kelty started the back packing world but yea i got two lemons o well ruffwear made my dogs pack and its great !my low alpine pack has around 2200 miles and its still kicken

Images

Don't sweat it man, everyone makes mistakes and wrong choices. There's no reason for feeling stupid about it. If an osprey is what you want, then by all means get one. I have an osprey simplex day pack from when they were still made in Dolores Colorado. It's been bomber, and I still use it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lostone View Post
    I am not the one who posted this

"so yea kelty is very rude to returning war vets"

So exactly what does being a war veteran have to do with Kelty being rude to you????

Far as being nice, I am very active in my community, Scout leader, church leader, hold a job, pay taxes. I am a Veteran as well, just not a WAR veteran.

As mr. krabs pointed out......there are a lot of us around.
    I was wondering the same thing. And why should he feel the need to announce that he's a war veteren. Does he think he deserves to be treated better than anyone else?? I would think a little humbleness would go much further.
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

I've owned a Coyote and a Red Cloud for years. Never one problem with either of the packs or with talking to the Kelty Techs on the phone. You will love your Osprey, though. Good luck...
    "I'm your Huckleberry..."

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by medic mullins View Post
    . . . .i was a medic for the core so i expect good customer service. . . .
    You mean Corps. Anyone should get good customer service from a company whose product you purchased. Being a sailor really is irrealavent.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

Man I have never thought of myself as a spelling and grammar Nazi, hell it was a subject I struggled with. But Medic Mullins, jesus man, your posts are hard to read and hard to take serious as they are written.
    igne et ferrum est potentas
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -​William Byrd

Throwing around the fact you're a vet and demanding special considerations simply because you're a vet is dishonerable and an injustice to honorable vets everywhere. Being humble makes a good soldier, hubrice does not.

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    he said they broke. hes a vet. he just fought for your right to acuse him of being less than honorable. might wanna trust a vet. at least thats what i preach. seems i remember being told to do that as a kid. not asked. i say he broke them because he was hiking and they broke. thats where my moneys at.the packs both broke hiking. yupper. im feelin it. man,...if i had a hike,....i would hike. hike on soldier.
    Dude...I love you man...

Images

So here goes.... You called Kelty, told them
    1) Pack Broke,
    2) Need Replacement
    3) I'm a war vet and recording this call to be used in a documentary.
    4) she said no you cannot record the call and hung up.
    5) you called back and spoke to Josh who was very nice
    6) you spoke to Dave, who was also very nice.

So in your thread you have bashed Kelty numerous times, but I think you owe it to the board and readers to explain how Kelty solved the problem. You may be dissatisfied with your Kelty gear, but be reasonable, troop, and let's not let it end here in this fashion.

1) Did Kelty offer a replacement?
    2) Did you accept it?
    2) Did they offer it free?
    3) Did they ship it to you in DWG?
    4) Did they offer you anything else to help you on your journey or for your troubles?

You MAY have MADE the decision to get another pack, but what did Kelty Offer/do?
    .....Someday, like many others who joined WB in the early years, I may dry up and dissapear....

Now he saved a life on the trail..

"ill help any one also i have saved a life on the trail before "

This is awesome, just awesome...

Images

Default I'm a Vet

This is starting to sound a lot like that guy Spike who was in VA a few years ago telling everyone he was a vet and had that confrontation with the Kiwi's. I am a Vietnam vet, but rarely mention the war. Most vets keep the memories to themselves. Rather just enjoy hiking the trail.

...know what you mean...I am so jacked that my pack manufacturer doesn't offer blue and also...they wouldn't fund my hike...those bastards!

come on dude...grow up. how can you expect anyone to take you seriously with that attitude.

geek

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Bug View Post
    This is starting to sound a lot like that guy Spike who was in VA a few years ago telling everyone he was a vet and had that confrontation with the Kiwi's. I am a Vietnam vet, but rarely mention the war. Most vets keep the memories to themselves. Rather just enjoy hiking the trail.
    There are many of us out there who served during a time when telling a stranger that you were a vet was something you might not want to do. I can match DD214's with the best but choose not to make vet status the defining element of my being. Most of my complaints to gear companies initiate with a letter or e mail addressed to "Dear Friends at Kelty / Vasque / MSR / Leki or whomever along with a picture of the problem. Have yet to be dissapointed in a response.

You have much to learn grasshopper
    Let no one be deluded that a knowledge of the path can substitute for putting one foot in front of the other.
    —M. C. Richards

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bk18 View Post
    Throwing around the fact you're a vet and demanding special considerations simply because you're a vet is dishonerable and an injustice to honorable vets everywhere. Being humble makes a good soldier, hubrice does not.

You nailed it man!
    Let no one be deluded that a knowledge of the path can substitute for putting one foot in front of the other.
    —M. C. Richards

you do all realize h called a guy out like 3 times in this thred? like to fight? at the old dwg corrall? high noon? joke thred. i fully take back my words of kindness to such a one. and your emails are not welcome. you sir are a hothead and a fibber. vamoosh!
    matthewski

Hike smarter, not harder.

Start buying products made in the USA.
    Con men understand that their job is not to use facts to convince skeptics but to use words to help the gullible to believe what they want to believe - Thomas Sowell

So my spelling is bad i am sorry working on that Um someone asked me what kelty did for us on here the answer is nothing because they said that it souned like normal wear well acaully they said that it sounded like uv rays damage ? well dave said we would need to pay the shipping to send it in for review, i mean i paid 159 plus tax i did not want to spend 30 to 50 bucks to ship it back and then be stuck out here with no pack ......how ever i have heard stories where kelty took care of other hikers but i think the main issue i am haveing is the out fitter who sold us the packs , was storing them in the window and direct sunlight is htting it .....anyway all i know is someone up here said i was not a vet ?hmm i could post my i d card picture would that help ?the only reason the vet thing was brought up is cause i have ptsd and i am trying to do a story about homeless vets in a america so that president oboma can see that there is not only 100, 000 homeless vets but maybe so they will try new and better treatments for the homeless vet program ..im 70 percent compensated from the va for a brain injury and my right thumb was ripped off , and my right leg broke , so im useing my va check to fund this mission ....also some guy said i did save a dude well i hiked in o9 for 4 months my trail name was medic then too his name was greg anyway call woods hole hostle they know i carried that guy thAT WAS POOPING AND THROWING UP ON ME TO THE SHELTER and gave him the last of my food AND I GAVE HIM ELECTROLITES AND SOME MEDICATION he then surprised me with trail magic at woods hole hostle, whatever there are tons of hikers i helped out and if you want to make fun of me on here thats cool i dont care i will keep on posting anyway cause at the end of the day ill give aNYTHING I HAVE TO ANYONE EVEN THEY GUYS ON HERE THAT ARE NOT BEING COOL WITH ME I WOULD STILL HELP THEM!!so yea guys i was just trying to explain that my mind races real fast cause of my ptsd that where the vet thing came in , i was trying to make sure they understood i was doing my best to control my thoughts , i have seen alot and i am in a great deal of pain alot of nights i cry cause i miss my friend gary gilberthorp and others that were killed in action and my main goal this year was to raise a understanding of what its like for a vet to come home and deal with the real world any way god bless and be safe

Someone one said start buying products made in the usa thats a good piont , what packs are made here in the great u s a ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++