WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Toiyabe Crest National Recreation Trail

Anyone have any experience with this trail? I lived in Nevada in Ely and always enjoyed the mountains so when I found this I got excited.

Right on time! I was actually printing out maps for this hike today. Are you planning on hiking the 60 mile mostly ridgeline high elevation Toiyabe Crest Trail anytime soon? I'm looking to hit it as great short filler hike when the weather gets a bit better and some more of the snow melts in about a month or so. I wouldn't attempt it without snowshoes, crampons, ice axe, and routefinding in winter conditiions skills right now. Around the same time, if the weather cooperates, I'll take in Lehman Cave and summit Mt Wheeler in Great Basin NP in eastern Nev.

Let me know if you are interested. A car would be useful for this hike. If you decided to hike together and have a car I would chip in for expenses. I'm near Carson City NV now. I could possibly meet you somewhere near the hike or in ELY. PM me if you like,

Oh man that sound awesome! Unfortunately I've got another 7 months tell I'm done with the military so any trips on this trail would have to be after that. If you do end up doing it this summer definitely let me know how it is. I lived in Ely for a summer and worked at the mine and explored a lot of north central NV. I've been wanting to go back ever since.

Trail looks like a short gem to me. Water will be an issue at the ridge if no snow is available.

I will let you know how it goes.

++ New Posts ++