WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Govt relocating Grizzly Bears to East Coast/AT

HA HA, got ya...

Images

D-oh!!

Images

I'd gladly ship 600 or so from our area...

You really need to go play in the snow...you got cabin fever.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Can't reintroduce what never was introduced in the first place. I read in interesting article a couple of months ago about the temperaments of grizzles and black bears. The theory was that our grizzlies actually evolved in the open tundras of NE Asia and their aggressive natures are a product of that. Blacks, however, with their shy and stealthy natures, evolved in the forests of North America. The European brown bear, although more closely related to grizzlies, has the nature of the black bear, since it evolved in a forested terrain. Made sense...

I am a chicken. I hike in mostly Idaho, Wa and Oregon. I have always wanted to hike in British Columbia, but Grizz scare the hell outta me.
    Spray and bells aren't enough for me, I am afraid of walking around a bend in the trail and meeting mama bear defending her cubs.

Images

Wolves have made their way back to the east, except we call them coyotes. Coyotes were never in New England and are now common. It turns out that genetic testing has shown that our coyotes are a hybrid with wolf. The wolf part is probably from Quebec.

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelbronco View Post
    I am a chicken. I hike in mostly Idaho, Wa and Oregon. I have always wanted to hike in British Columbia, but Grizz scare the hell outta me.
    Spray and bells aren't enough for me, I am afraid of walking around a bend in the trail and meeting mama bear defending her cubs.
    Hiking alone in Alaska, at first I was really wanting to see a Grizz, then I saw these tracks on a washed out trail in some high bushes. I'm one that chuckles at AT hikers wearing "bear bells", but I found my self loudly talking out very load "Hello Bear, I'm Coming through Bear, Excuse me Momma Bear, Coming Through" Never saw the bears just scat and tracks.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    Hiking alone in Alaska, at first I was really wanting to see a Grizz, then I saw these tracks on a washed out trail in some high bushes. I'm one that chuckles at AT hikers wearing "bear bells", but I found my self loudly talking out very load "Hello Bear, I'm Coming through Bear, Excuse me Momma Bear, Coming Through" Never saw the bears just scat and tracks.
    I'd say that was a highly successful result. I think the leeriest I ever was was hiking outside Banff, Alberta. Not only was there scat and tracks everywhere, but a bear had killed a lady in the city limits the previous week. I can't say that I really enjoyed the hiking, and I did a lot of loud singing, also...

Wolves are not t threat to humans. We have alot of em here, as well as coyotes. Just keep the dogs and cats in at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowleopard View Post
    Wolves have made their way back to the east, except we call them coyotes. Coyotes were never in New England and are now common. It turns out that genetic testing has shown that our coyotes are a hybrid with wolf. The wolf part is probably from Quebec.

matthewski miss bozo.
    matthewski

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    matthewski miss bozo.
    it's ok Matty I'm sure you can find the old shows on dvd or blu-ray somewhere, then you can satisfy your "jones". LOL

This side of the dirt
    Images

There have been studies on the feasibility of introducing the wolves into Adirondacks Park.
    "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed, is more important than any other one thing." Abraham Lincoln (1855)

I hear they're gonna introduce them to New Jersey. There are so many bear lovers there. They should be SOOOOO happy.
    http://www.radio-outdoors.com Ham Radio and the outdoors. Perfect together!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by WingedMonkey View Post
    nothing like walking along a beautiful alaskan stream with a load of salmon, and coming to the realization that damn, now i'm bait. i've only seen cinnamons though. screw the bells, i carry a 12 guage.
    don't like logging? try wiping with a pine cone.

12 guage with a lot of slugs

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz_Lightfoot View Post
    I hear they're gonna introduce them to New Jersey. There are so many bear lovers there. They should be SOOOOO happy.
    I doubt that's the reason. I remember reading how grizzly bears dig up black bear dens to eat them. So I would say they are probably introducing the grizzly IOT control the numbers of black bears.

Images

buckshot, slug, alternating. the buck shot has it's purpose, and it ain't center mass.
    don't like logging? try wiping with a pine cone.

Quote Originally Posted by john gault View Post
    I doubt that's the reason. I remember reading how grizzly bears dig up black bear dens to eat them. So I would say they are probably introducing the grizzly IOT control the numbers of black bears.
    Darn, was hoping it was to contol the nuts. You dashed my hopes, DASHED them!
    http://www.radio-outdoors.com Ham Radio and the outdoors. Perfect together!

++ New Posts ++