Default looking for 2012 partner

I am in begining the search for a female partner for a thru hike 2012. or 2013. I'm 32,(female), in good shape, lots of endurance, but not that much speed. I'm very experienced out doors, just not backpacking. I can handle pretty much any weather, conditions, etc, especially the heat. Love it!

Any Texans out there wanting to go?

Hi Gentrified (love the name btw)

I'll be thru hiking in 2012. I'm 24 (female), Also in good shape with lots of endurance, strength,and most of all will power but am also pretty slow (old sports injury causes me to take smaller steps than my mind really wants to). Slow and steady wins race right? I've got a little backpacking experience but mostly have camped or hiked. I grew up hiking all over VA and have clocked hundreds of miles on the AT (I just didn't know it at the time ).

Currently I'm in Maine but will be moving back to VA the winter before the hike. While we might not be able to meet up before hand it might be nice to plan to start around the same time so that we can hike together starting out. Right now the only complaint my parents are raising is they don't want me to be "alone".

Do you know about when you plan to start?

PM me to discuss further if you'd like

I'm in the same boat!
    Female (will be 32) and looking to start around March 15th.

In the UK though, so no good for meet ups and practice hikes

Might see you out there if you're walking the same time. I'm a meanderer...

I'll be 51 when I leave NOBO next March. Would love to have some women to start with. I've done some hiking, but no backpacking to date. Although I live in upstate SC so I'll be doing some practice hikes this year.
    Anyone who's interested is welcome to drop me a line.

I'm planning to leave NOBO the end of March 2012. I'm in good shape, run marathons, hike,camp and can't wait to get on the trail. Funny... my motto in recent years has been "slow and steady!" I'm 46 and currently recovering from a hip injury.

no name 20...i live in Va currently but will be moving to Maine. Where in ME are you living?

Hope to meet you guys on the trail!

hi MommaDuck,

I live on a small island off the coast. If you know where Acadia NP is then you'll have an idea. Funny how ME and VA seem to connect so much. Where will you be?

Images

I am leaving in mid March 2012. I am a school teacher so I hope to take advantage of the summer to get some hiking in. I live in Florida so the hiking here does not compare. Last summer I did two weeks starting from HF heading north. If anyone is planning anything for the summer let me know!!!

Hi no name20!

I know exactly where you are talking about. I'll be either in Bar Harbor area or more Western mountains-Rumford, Newry, Farmington area. Don't know the details yet! Currently in the Richmond area and eager to get outside! Such a small world!
    Was just up in Bar Harbor to run the marathon in October. Miss it so much! So have you hiked Katahdin?

I'm in the same boat! Female, about to be 18 and I wanna thru hike the AT before I start college. I wanna leave in March but my parents do not fancy the idea of me going off alone. I live in Georgia, right near the southern terminus at Springer in fact. I would love to meet up with some other hikers.

Default At

Im 55 and Im making plans to hike as far as I can in 3 months.Im a good walker in Florida so Im sure the altitude and mt climbs are going to kick my butt.But Im determined and not a quitter. I also would like someone my age to hike with that is not in a huge hurry . I have never Backpacked but have camped alot.

I'm 18 and just finished my freshman year of college. I really wanted to hike the trail before going off to college, but am now thinking about taking this coming year off to hike. I've hiked most of the VT and ME portions of the AT already, and in general I'm a pretty fast hiker. I'd love to find at least one person to hike with, since there's no way my parents will let me hike alone!

I'm also thinking of starting March 2012, and am certainly a slow and steady kind of gal. Glad to see so many females planning a 2012 hike.

I'm 32, and I'm thinking of thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail starting in March 2012. I'm just starting to plan things. I understand that hikers naturally find companions when on-route, but I'd be more comfortable to start out with someone else at least. I have good endurance, though just average speed. A lot of camping experience, though not as much backpacking experience (I've done a few several-day backpacking trips before).

I'm pretty easygoing, somewhat quiet and introverted.

Let me know if you might be interested in hiking together, at least in the beginning. Feel free to contact me with more questions.

OK, so I'm old enough to be your mother - 62 - but I lived in Houston for 30 years, and am now in Reno. I'm going to hike the AT this spring - 2012. Maybe we can get a group of gals to go.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default 2013 hiker

Hey!
    If you decide to go in 2013 as opposed to 2012, let me know! I'm 18 and I can't stop obsessing about thru hiking the AT, but my parents don't feel comfortable with me hiking by myself. I want to start early March or possibly late February so that I could be done by the beginning of August.

I'm in Texas and will be starting my thru in mid-March 2012. I look forward to running into some of you ladies along the way. I will be 56 and slow.
    Formerly known as Texas Phlox.

Hey gentrified, I am currently residing in Houston and hoping to set out on the trail around March 19/20. Also flying solo, by choice, so that I can get right into the hiker community. But wouldn't mind starting out with a partner. I'm in decent shape, have the endurance, also on the slow side, though hoping this will improve on the trail. I have some backpacking experience, particularly in the northeast, I hiked most of the AT in the NY area. Let's connect and maybe we can at least gear up/train together. The anticipation might be easier when shared with a partner.

Hi! I'm going in 2013, and I live in Atlanta. Plan to hike most of the GA section between now and then--hopefully I'll see some of you out there!

++ New Posts ++