WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Class of 2014

Hi, all. Nearly my first post here, but I've been lurking a good while.

I thought I had to wait until 2015, but I recently figured out a way to move my hike up to 2014.

See you in Springer, March 2014! WOOHOO!

My husband and I will be leaving April 9, 2014 564 more days! We attempted this year (2012) but it didnt work out. We realized we made a mistake in coming home and are now REPLANNING our thru hike! Cant wait to meet everyone.....it's so much fun out there!

Greetings from the UK!

I'm looking at a potential first week of March 2014 start to my adventure. Hoping to manage a thru-hike (fitness/ will power/ money allowing), it'll be my first time in The States so i'm really looking forward to hiking somewhere different.

Occupying myself with planning, saving, accumulating the gear I need, and figuring out logistics of getting to and from the trail at the minute.

Hope to see some of you out on the trail some time!
    Will.

Images

Default Class of 2014

I feel ya Alaska moose. Decided to do the same thing! I'll be there with ya nobo2014!

Im graduating in May of 2013 and could i guess technically leave in mid to late may but nah. I do it for the nature yes, but i also love the people you meet. So March 2014 for me. Nobo!
    Gradual Change You Can Believe in.

Live deliberately.

My step-daughter and I will be hiking the AT in 2014, start date around 4.1.14, we will start at Springer and head north. Our plan is to take the train from Idaho to Georgia. We are already doing small backpacking trips, we will continue to hike during the winter (never know what the mountains along the AT will bring) we want to be prepared. I will be taking a leave of absents from my job as a RN. We are currently looking at Ultralight tents and packs, have a few in mind right now. We will be dehydrating our own food and having a family member ship it out for us. Not sure what my step-daughters trail name will be, but look for Baby Face Nelson (that will be me).

I was going to make my second attempt in 2013 but it is looking like 2014 for me. Disappointed but still excited. Plan on doing alot of weekend trips though. After 1st attempt this past April I'm addicted to the AT

Hello Everyone,

Looking forward to my 14 trek to Maine. Hopefully I can be 1 of the 10 percent that make it !
    Has anyone else reard that the AT will be extended to the Gulf....add a month ! lol.

Ive been searching for suggestions on the best way to pack all the gear. I heard to pack the same way everytime for obvbious reasons but not what a suggested intial packing might look like.

Anyway,,,,,,,,, see you Mar 15th 14.

Journal Entries

My wife and I are excited to be hiking the AT NOBO 2014!! We will be leaving at the beginning of March but if the weather is good we may leave late February.

Noob

437 days and counting. Just a few gear tweaks between now and then and a whole lot of hiking.

Planning on mid march BoNo. Can't wait!!

What a joy for me when I realised I was retired and could make a thru hike! So March 2014 hopefully will find me on Springer headed north. Lots of work to do between now and then, and this site certainly helps with getting ready!

Wow, a bunch of you *first time posters* here. Well welcome to Whiteblaze and I hope to get to know some of you more as we progress towards our most epic feat!

~ Cheers!

I plan on joining the 2014 crowd as well.

375 days...

Stir Fry
    If it do'nt eat you or kill you it makes you stronger
    'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

I'll be NOBO 2014 in mid to late-March. See you there!!!!

Hi, everyone!
    I'm planning a 2014 thru hike, and looking for some feedback on my gear list. I'm trying to stay light, but comfortable. The items marked with XXXX are ones that I already own. Also, I forgot to add little things like first aid kit, TP, a lighter, and duct tape on the list, but those are all relatively light and take up little space (tape around a water bottle, etc). I'm kind of thrilled about the base weight under 20#...and I'm sure I could go lighter--example: the pack. I know it's heavy, but it fits me *so well* and is *so comfortable* so I know it will compensate for it's heft. Also, I'm hoping to keep gear purchases under $1500.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0By5m...lMY2t6Ync/edit

Any feedback? Additions? Subtractions?

Thanks, everyone! I can't wait to see you out on the trail!

Images

OK, standing on the edge, deep breath, taking the leap, wheeeee------> AT 2014

I've hiked Springer to Damascus and can't wait to do it all over again and beyond. Hey everyone and can't wait to meet ya on the trail!

Hi Catie Rae,

Welcome to the Class of 2014 and welcome to Whiteblaze!

I could not open your gear list link above due to: "Access not allowed"

Maybe fix the link or access??

~ Mark

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++