WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of 2014

Stir Fry

Quote Originally Posted by Librarygeek View Post
    I'm planning a 2014 thru as well I'm not planning to go it alone, so I'll need to find a group of people to hike with. I'm trying to convince my brother he needs to take a leave of absence from work to go.
    I have sectioned over 1000 miles and was only alone on 2 nights. Even when you are with a group you tend to hike alone.

Here's another March 28, 2014 hopeful. May do a thru hike of the Loyalsock in Pa. last week of July, 2011

Cant wait untill 2014... been doing alot of hiking here in Michigan!

From the ATC store you can also get it at lwgrear.com !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Payne View Post
    I just watched "southbounder" on Netflix. Can you tell me where you found "how to hike the AT" by LW?

I'm looking into doing at 2014 thru hike, before going off to college! Not sure on the details yet since it's still over 2 years away

Images

"2014" after the wife finishes her degree, I know it's gonna be cold but I want to starte on my b-day in feb. Got almost the entire New England section done and most of that is in the winter and dam it gets cold and real challenging that time of the year. Hope to see you all out there.

-

I am likely to have a free slot from jan-mid aug 2014, I have sectioned most of the trail in winter and figure on starting at the beginning of the year, usually 2-5 will try that each year and until late feb only a few per week will attempt a start so a little more company is likely with the start on the 1st

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
    whats with 2014? the worlds supposed to end next year.
    If you believed that you wouldn't be here, would you?
    "It's fun to have fun, but you have to know how." ---Dr. Seuss

2014 Thru-Hiker in Training

Planning a thru hike starting NOBO on March 23, 2014 which will be the tenth anniversary of the date I went into the hospital for my bone marrow transplant. Also, will be celebrating my fortieth birthday somewhere along the trail.

Hi all,

when hitting the midlife crisis some buys a Porsche, some gets a 21 year old girlfriend.....I plan to walk 2000+ miles on another continent in 2014 starting mid-march.

Does anybody have any good ideas what to do when you have absolutely no chance of having someone helping you "from home".

Im from Copenhagen, Denmark and have been fascinated with the AT for about two years now.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DocFons View Post
    Hi all,

Does anybody have any good ideas what to do when you have absolutely no chance of having someone helping you "from home".
    Hello, Welcome to White Blaze.

Rest assured, there is no real need for assistance from home. It's nice to have the support and the occasional "Care" package, but there are adequate services available to take care of all your needs. If you desire a food drop or something at a given location, you just need to plan ahead for a town or two, and send it to yourself.

I'm planning to semi-retire in Sept. of 2013, and will probably be on either the PCT or AT come the following spring. I have to finish up from Culver's Gap in NJ to Katadin between now and then. Not sure if I'll want to repeat the AT via a Thru, or move on to the PCT.

So many trails, so little time!

Good luck to all, maybe I'll be joining you.

I'm going to be hiking in 2014! Starting early in order to finish in August. I'll be "retiring" at 31 and going off to Seminary, which starts right after my AT hike.

I too will retire between Jan - Mar of 2014. I,ll be 61 with my 62th birthday somewhere on the trail, hopefully in Maine seeing it is in August. I plan on two 7 day section hikes this year, 1 towards the last week of July and the other the first week of Oct. if anyone would like to come along i,d love the company.

3/1/2014 - I am headed northbound on the AT If the winter is mild - I might leave a few days earlier. I am so excited!

Another 2014 nobo hopeful here. Going to hike it once I finish with my nursing degree. Hoping to start sometime between April 1-15th. I can't wait

Default Class of 2014

Starting to plan my trip with my girlfriend now. Heading out June 1st (SOBO) right after I sign my papers to get out of the army. Getting more excited everyday. Can't come fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by sspista View Post
    Starting to plan my trip with my girlfriend now. Heading out June 1st (SOBO) right after I sign my papers to get out of the army. Getting more excited everyday. Can't come fast enough!
    Congrat's on your discharge,enjoy your hike.......Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rocketsocks View Post
    Congrat's on your discharge,enjoy your hike.......Thanks
    Didn't see this was your first post.........

Another retiree after January 2014. I'll be starting the first week of April with my wife who will be taking some time off from working to do it. I have section hiked about half of it over the years but my wife has only done a few small sections. Can't wait!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++