Hi WhiteBlaze world....

Due to some stuff beyond my control, I am unable to begin my nobo-thru-hike until the 1st or 2nd week of May. According to everything I´ve been reading, that´s a bit late tho better late than never, right!

Anyone else out there striking out around that time. I guess I´d feel a bit better just knowing I have someone to meet up with, or to look for after a few possibly lonely hours of walking alone.... I´m open to a hiking partner, tho I know myself pretty well and I feel badly if I am holding someone back because I walk slower than they do...and starting off I probly will be doing just that, walking slower.

Any tips and tricks you wanna share w/me I´m more than open. As I return to the US a few days before hitting the trail, I am preparing my shopping list for stocking up asap in the US. Planning on a new hammock (old one´s too heavy) and an Esbit stove (don´t like liquids and alcohol stoves make me nervous) and a few clothes. I´ll make GORP, maybe a bit of Pemmican and take some good ole oatmeal & raisins & cinnamon to soak overnite...one of my fav meals.