WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah j View Post
    Too harsh of a comment, sorry
    i think if i were hiking, and worrying about cell service and e-mail and things like that, i would shoot myself in the face. what a miserable hiking existance.
    don't like logging? try wiping with a pine cone.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanshave View Post
    I spend at least a half an hour managing email everyday. I wont be able to do that from the trail. So I spent most of the morning tracking down and shutting off email notifications for everything from Meetup.com, Google Alerts and Yahoo Groups.

I haven't heard anyone else really talking about this or how they plan on managing email from the trail.

My inbox is a monster and needs constant pruning. I'm hoping the changes I made today will limit that to a large extent.

Looking for any hints or tips that other people have used.
    run over your computer with your car just before you leave.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kanga View Post
    run over your computer with your car just before you leave.
    works for me...
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 10-K View Post
    The first time I took my wife on a hike up to Big Bald she huffed and puffed her way to the top, stopping to rest a few times on the way. Finally she reached the summit and just then a Lexus drove up filled with senior citizens...
    I got off trail one time with a few buddies and we thought we heard a waterfall in the distance so we grabbed a bearing and headed that way. We must have hiked 2 hrs. off trail when we came to a huge hill but we could still hear this waterfall. "This thing is huge and we'll be the few who know it's out here," we all thought. We go climbing up this hill and right when we get to the top we see this HUGE waterfall .....and......a parking lot. It was just a spur trail to a waterfall with road access.....3 miles back down the trail. Dang.

As a professional ****-giver, I am really starting to look forward to pissing off all of the hiking purists who think they get to have an opinion about someone else's laptop use. I was trying to pack light, but now I think I need to hump a generator, lights, and PA system. Rave along the trail! Weee!

If you are thru-hiking for the first time I THINK BY THE END OF YOUR HIKE, IF YOU MAKE IT, CONSIDERING THE ELECTRONIC WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS YOU MIGHT EXPERIENCE, YOU WILL FINALLY BEGIN GRASPING WHAT IS MEANT BY ADAPTING TO A SIMPLER LIFE THAT SO SO MANY THRU-HIKERS SPEAK ABOUT AND HAVE COME TO APPRECIATE!

BEING ABLE TO ADAPT, AND SOMETIMES THAT ENTAILS LETTING GO OF SOMETHING AND RE-PRIORITIZING, IS EXACTLY WHAT OFTEN SETS APART THOSE WHO REACH/COMPLETE A GOAL/A HIKE AND THOSE WHO DO NOT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++