WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

Default Help needed for Sociobiology Research Project

As part of my Sociobiology class, I need to create an independent research project. For my research project, I need at least 30 AT through hikers to complete the survey found at the link below. What I can tell you right now is that the project compares through hikers to none through hikers. Once I have gathered the data I need, I can tell you guys all the finer details.

For the purpose of this survey, a through hiker is someone who has hiked the entire trail in something resembling one trip. I don't care where you started or when you started. It's on the honor system. If you consider yourself as having completed a through hike of the trail, this project is for you. I'm sure there are umteen trillion threads on here discussing the finer details of what makes someone a through hiker.

Once you have completed the survey and are on the results page, I need you to email me the link to that page. My email address is: k dot kirby at ymail dot com

The results are anonymous and your name will not be used in any way for my project. In your email with the link, all I need is your gender and age.

After you have completed the survey, I will respond with an email explaining exactly what the project is about.

Feel free to email me with questions. I'll do my best to check this thread semi-periodically for the next few days.

Survey:
    http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/

Sincerely,
    Kirby
    GaME 08

I don't know if WB can furnish you with 30 thruhikers.
    We're mostly wannabe couch potatos who hike once in a while.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Garlic
    Images

I'll be glad to help out, Kirby. I hope all is going well with you.
    "Throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." John Muir on expedition planning

Images

Default Hiya

Hiya Kirby, Still a student I see. Sorry I can't qualify for your survey, but if you ever do one on trail maint I will be glad to help.

TW
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

Wow what perfect timing, I was just half way through Kirby's 2008 trail journal today.

The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

Journal Entries
    Images

Sociobiology? How could thru hikers ever be relevant to a sociobiology class? That's the stuff of Edward O Wilson and evolution, right?
    Last edited by rickb; 03-27-2011 at 22:39.

hey kirby. if i ever make it ill be glad to help.good to see you here. do be a stranger. your a big wig in this land.
    matthewski

dont. dont be a stranger. sorry.
    matthewski

Images

Default How'sya

Ello Matty chek oot www.samohtw.blogspot.com I'm heading back May 2nd to fill in the gaps.
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Not everyone has film.

Done. You should have my results.

++ New Posts ++