WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Tuscarora – Allegheny Link

Great Eastern has it's own Forum now. Let's get some new threads going here.

Tuscarora – Allegheny Link. Anyone hike this section or know of journals listing? Basicly the area from Hancock Maryland to I-64 by White Sulphur Springs WV.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.
    You never know which one is talking.

You'll probably want to be familiar with Tim Hupp's GET guide for the sections you've described. He also includes reports for the sections he's done. I've not hiked on the GET south of the Tuscarora Trail, but have been doing the Tuscarora Trail in this area from time to time.
    --
    EJS
    (Ed. S)

Quote Originally Posted by AegisIII View Post
    You'll probably want to be familiar with Tim Hupp's GET guide for the sections you've described. He also includes reports for the sections he's done. I've not hiked on the GET south of the Tuscarora Trail, but have been doing the Tuscarora Trail in this area from time to time.
    Thanks, I have that and have emailed with Tim for permission to copy and use that guide until it is published by PATC.
    The trouble I have with campfires are the folks that carry a bottle in one hand and a Bible in the other.

One of Hammock Hanger's sections hit the extreme north part of the TT-ALT-link by Big Schloss. I've done some trailhead scouting, also made a temporary series of maps which seems now to have disappeared off the PATC website.

Quote Originally Posted by ki0eh View Post
    One of Hammock Hanger's sections hit the extreme north part of the TT-ALT-link by Big Schloss. I've done some trailhead scouting, also made a temporary series of maps which seems now to have disappeared off the PATC website.
    Thanks Ki0eh, I think I have read all of HH's journals, they kinda jumped around but were helpful, more so on the Maryland/Pa part. I kinda got lost where she got off and back on in this area. Maybe I missed something.

I've done some trailhead scouting, also made a temporary series of maps which seems now to have disappeared off the PATC website.
    Yeah I been looking for those maps too.

Found them. The maps are now here. #'s 1-7. And now I realize why they look familiar.
    --
    EJS
    (Ed. S)

++ New Posts ++