WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Both ziploc and vacuum seal have done me well in the past. I am trying something a bit different this year. My dried food to be carried will be packed in paper bags. Since these are going to get eaten within a week, I am not too worried about keeping them sealed. The meals for resupply will be still in the paper bags, but each resupply will be vacuum sealed. If I decide that I'm going to take the food with me ( and not bounce it ), then I simply will open the vacuum bag, remove all of the paper packets, and carry on.

I like the benefits that the paper bags weigh very little. I never liked all of the extra plastic for ziploc bags, and I like the thought of burning the paper trash.

Quote Originally Posted by atraildreamer View Post
    Anything connected with Google, especially Chrome, is designed to track your browsing habits, buying preferences, etc. I use Firefox on my Win 10 machine, and the Brave privacy browser on an Android tablet and it drivs me crazy to have to sign in to Google when I want to download an app. I try to stick to apps where I can get a direct download without a sign in. The less info Google has about my browsing habits, the better! After a while, there is so much junk loaded in the background of the tablet that I just reset it to the factory new condition and start over again.
    ...and I finally had enough of the tablet acting up and I reset it to factory new this A.M.!

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Trambo View Post
    Both ziploc and vacuum seal have done me well in the past. I am trying something a bit different this year. My dried food to be carried will be packed in paper bags. Since these are going to get eaten within a week, I am not too worried about keeping them sealed. The meals for resupply will be still in the paper bags, but each resupply will be vacuum sealed. If I decide that I'm going to take the food with me ( and not bounce it ), then I simply will open the vacuum bag, remove all of the paper packets, and carry on.

I like the benefits that the paper bags weigh very little. I never liked all of the extra plastic for ziploc bags, and I like the thought of burning the paper trash.
    I like this idea. I’m also frustrated with the amount of plastics I use.

I’m going out for a couple of days soon and I’ll let you know how it works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++