WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

:banana Hiking Max Patch to Hot Springs!!

We'll be heading out wed.night to Hot Springs,NC.get a shuttle back to Max Patch.Ive been reading,checking the weather for that area pretty reg.the weather chg like crazy there.Give me alittle input on my clothing pls.I was going to start out with my base layer,MH fleece jaclet with my TNF rain jacket but after i checked/read about how the weather chg so much im thinking about this setup for camp:base layer,MN Monkey Fleece jacket,MH goose down jacket.I think i maybe over kill here,but ill for sure be warm.Thanks,HS
    note:This is my & GFfirst big hike on the AT.

PCT, Sheltowee, Pinhoti, LT , BMT, AT, SHT, CDT, TRT 10-K's Avatar

According the the NWS you're looking at 30's at night and 60's during the day. With weather like this the most I'd bring would be a wool cap, a pair of mittens and my MB Thermawrap.

From the looks of it, I'd be more concerned about rain gear since Thursday night and Friday there is a 50% or better chance of rain.

Journal Entries
    Images

Thanks for the input 10-K.Yeah,i have all my gear for as rain gear goes,just wanted some input once i got to camp/shelter.My mate and i was just talking about goose down jacket's..would we need them or not.HS

Quote Originally Posted by hikingshoes View Post
    We'll be heading out wed.night to Hot Springs,NC.get a shuttle back to Max Patch.Ive been reading,checking the weather for that area pretty reg.the weather chg like crazy there.Give me alittle input on my clothing pls.I was going to start out with my base layer,MH fleece jaclet with my TNF rain jacket but after i checked/read about how the weather chg so much im thinking about this setup for camp:base layer,MN Monkey Fleece jacket,MH goose down jacket.I think i maybe over kill here,but ill for sure be warm.Thanks,HS
    note:This is my & GFfirst big hike on the AT.
    Sounds like you're set to go!

When you get to HS, come into the Gallery for a free cuppa' jo to warm up!

Have a blast!

Sunny
    Sunny aka Sunrise ga-me 02 aka Cody Zamora
    Have a bright and
    Sunny Day!

++ New Posts ++