WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Images

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gipsy View Post
    Given to me by others... I work as a travel nurse and change locations every 3 to 6 months. Someone said, "Oh, like a Gipsy" and there it was...........
    Do you misspell it on purpose? Travel like a "gypsy"? Or is your name gip?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by pfann View Post
    Your explanation here is a bit different than your previous post saying that people using trail names are dishonest. There's a leap in logic I don't see.
    My previous post does not assert what you claim it does. Put on your thinking cap and read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald View Post
    Most people are better off without an alias. Honest people don't need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by pfann View Post
    Just because WB doesn't require you to use your legal name on these forums doesn't prohibit you from using it here voluntarily. You chose to use emerald. Perhaps there's an interesting story there.
    It would be much less trouble to use my given name as my screen name than to explain why I chose emerald. If it's not already apparent and you really want to know, you'll need to wait. Right now, I have a much more interesting activity that's calling and for which I will soon be late.
    Last edited by emerald; 03-13-2011 at 12:00. Reason: Provided quote and link.

Images

Star Walker is my longest lasting. I used to just be Little Buddy. I got the name from a group of thru hikers i ran into a couple years ago. I came to the shelter around 11pm and i decided to sleep outisde. I woke up and told everyone and they decided to call me Star Walker.The only bad thing is that i think the name is a curse because now it seems i dont go on a trip without hiking into the night. It is a good thing it doesnt bother me i guess.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++