Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Female NOBO Thru-Hiker Wanted for 2012

Hi all, I'm brand new to White Blaze. I have been planning a NOBO thru-hike for February 1, 2012 with an acquaintance, but she just dropped out. I'm looking for a new female hiking buddy. I do plan to start February 1st because my intent is to make it to Katahdin before September 1st so I can jump right into grad school. I realize it's an early start. If you're interested, please contact me.

Would be willing to start in March if I can either get to ME by the end of August or else start the grad program in January if we're late.

I hope to be starting in March.....there will b a lot of folks out there

Quote Originally Posted by yappy View Post
    I hope to be starting in March.....there will b a lot of folks out there
    True enough, yappy! Hope to see you out there.

Images

if you start in March you won't be alone. March and April are the 2 'hot' months for thru attempters.
    HAPPY TRAILS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD HIKE!

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Feb 1 is potential of very cold and snowy probably needing days off the trail (although I see you are from NH). Honestly you could start early March and be done by early Spet.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Blissful View Post
    Feb 1 is potential of very cold and snowy probably needing days off the trail (although I see you are from NH). Honestly you could start early March and be done by early Spet.
    Yeah, I was thinking that too, Blissful. I originally was going to start Feb. 1st because my original hiking buddy was a much slower hiker. I could probably start Mar. 1 and be done on time. I don't plan to take a ton of zeroes but I do need to briefly return to NH to graduate from college and then return to the trail where I left off.

Default Changed Start Date

Quote Originally Posted by Lib View Post
    Hi all, I'm brand new to White Blaze. I have been planning a NOBO thru-hike for February 1, 2012 with an acquaintance, but she just dropped out. I'm looking for a new female hiking buddy. I do plan to start February 1st because my intent is to make it to Katahdin before September 1st so I can jump right into grad school. I realize it's an early start. If you're interested, please contact me.
    Changed my start date to March 1st.

Default Your Brave!

Quote Originally Posted by Lib View Post
    Hi!

You are brave! I heard starting in February going SOBO or NOBO you are bound to head into bad weather, but I'm sure you'll be prepared. Anyway, I'm trying to make it to Katahdin before August 25 because that's when my classes start in college, but I'm leaving in April and my pace is slow, so, I don't know if I'll make it. I just might have to start school next spring. I wont graduate next year, but I'll be happy! Best wishes to you and congradulations on making it to grad school Stay warmand enjoy every minute of your hike. Shake it Banana!
    God Bless,
    RT

Quote Originally Posted by rolling thunder View Post
    Hi!

You are brave! I heard starting in February going SOBO or NOBO you are bound to head into bad weather, but I'm sure you'll be prepared. Anyway, I'm trying to make it to Katahdin before August 25 because that's when my classes start in college, but I'm leaving in April and my pace is slow, so, I don't know if I'll make it. I just might have to start school next spring. I wont graduate next year, but I'll be happy! Best wishes to you and congradulations on making it to grad school Stay warmand enjoy every minute of your hike. Shake it Banana!
    God Bless,
    RT
    Hi, RT, yeah, I've decided to move my start date to March 1st NOBO. I don't want to spend a lot of time waiting for the trail to become passable or have to get motel rooms because it's too cold to camp. I also realized that trying to find a hiking partner for Feb. 1 would be too difficult. My Feb. 1 start date was to accommodate my original hiking partner who would have been very slow.

I hope you make it in time for classes! That's why I am trying to start early, I don't want to have to wait an extra semester or year if I can help it. Good luck to you!

I'll be starting Mar 1st if all goes well, but I think I'm planning to hike a lot more miles a day than you, because I'm hoping to be done by the end of July. Have you thought about just starting off with a person, and then hiking on your own after a couple of weeks, or are you looking for someone who is going to hike the whole trail with you. If the latter, you may wish to see if any of your friends or family could take the trip with you now that your partner dropped out.

I'm not necessarily a people person, and can think of very few people I would want to hike the trail with. I'd never make it the whole trail, eating sleeping and hiking, with a stranger. Thats just me. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fog Horn View Post
    I'll be starting Mar 1st if all goes well, but I think I'm planning to hike a lot more miles a day than you, because I'm hoping to be done by the end of July. Have you thought about just starting off with a person, and then hiking on your own after a couple of weeks, or are you looking for someone who is going to hike the whole trail with you. If the latter, you may wish to see if any of your friends or family could take the trip with you now that your partner dropped out.

I'm not necessarily a people person, and can think of very few people I would want to hike the trail with. I'd never make it the whole trail, eating sleeping and hiking, with a stranger. Thats just me. Good luck!!
    Hi Fog Horn, I'm hoping to have someone do the entire thru-hike with me, but I have considered going solo. I may have found a hiking buddy, but it's still in the air until the beginning of Feb. this year. If she can't, then I may have to consider going solo because I REALLY want to thru-hike, and may not get another chance.

Sounds like you'll really be doing some miles! Good luck on your adventure!

Hi Lib, Im planning to start sometime between Feb 22 and March 1 and Im looking for someone to hike with as well (at least in the beginning) I need to be done by late August as school starts back. We should talk about it.
    Lisa

Journal Entries

Too bad you can't do 2011 I am doing a thru hike then. Hi sister NH hiker.

Default I am also looking to Thru Hike in 2012

Lib,

I have through hiked in 2010 with my husband, and am looking to do it again in 2012 I am 57 yrs.old .We hiked it in 5 mo.March 15th to August 15th we were Walking Man And Grace N Glory

I am glad to see that there are women in need of hiking partners. I don't plan to begin until 2013 because i will graduate winter 2012. I was worried about finding a partner since most of my friends and my boyfriend will still be going to school. I will be looking to finish before grad school begins too. Good luck !

Hi.Im planning on a march 1 2012 start date and am seeking some hiking buddies.I will be leaving from Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by lisa2179 View Post
    Hi Lib, Im planning to start sometime between Feb 22 and March 1 and Im looking for someone to hike with as well (at least in the beginning) I need to be done by late August as school starts back. We should talk about it.
    Lisa
    Hi Lisa, I'm waiting to hear back from one woman, and I need to see what's going on with my grad school start date. Are you looking to start NOBO? Are you looking for a partner just to start with? I'm looking for a total thru partner.

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieinNH View Post
    Too bad you can't do 2011 I am doing a thru hike then. Hi sister NH hiker.
    Hey sister! Best of luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace n Glory View Post
    Lib,

I have through hiked in 2010 with my husband, and am looking to do it again in 2012 I am 57 yrs.old .We hiked it in 5 mo.March 15th to August 15th we were Walking Man And Grace N Glory
    That's wonderful! Best of luck to you both. Love your trail name!

Quote Originally Posted by amylou View Post
    I am glad to see that there are women in need of hiking partners. I don't plan to begin until 2013 because i will graduate winter 2012. I was worried about finding a partner since most of my friends and my boyfriend will still be going to school. I will be looking to finish before grad school begins too. Good luck !
    Amylou, If I get stuck doing mine in 2013 we should talk!

Quote Originally Posted by bikertink View Post
    Hi.Im planning on a march 1 2012 start date and am seeking some hiking buddies.I will be leaving from Georgia
    Bikertink, sent you a PM.

will be trying to start in march of 2012 hope to fine someone to hike with to

I will be starting on March 19th. That is a definate date.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++