Default Need help with pack for GF

Hey ladies, sorry to post in the female forum, but I have a question that I think you guys could help with. My girlfriend has been comming on overnighters with me for a while now, and recently has been falling in love with the AT, and hiking in general. She doesn't have much gear and usually just stuffs an old sleeping bag in her school bag, i'll usually pack whatever else she wants to bring (clothes, food, etc.) I think im going to surprise her with a pack of her own, but im not really sure what size to get her. I know she wants to do some hikes on the A.T. but she will only really need room for a sleeping bag and clothes, since i always carry tent, food, and everything else. So what size pack would be you recommend for her? something around 2500 ci?? I was looking at the Kelty Pawnee, but i'm not sure if this pack would be to big space wise. Also any advice on a good womens pack would be great.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___90287

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

That's fairly heavy for the space required. A newer sleeping bag would be nice, honestly. A down bag would pack small. Also she needs her torso measured to get the right size. Once you get the gear set, then you can look for a pack.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

++ New Posts ++