WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Wow, your adventure sounds famaliar....I started at Springer with a 12 year old in 2003, and we headed to our home State.....Maine! I'm sure there is a lot we could talk about! My wife and I have a business on Route 1, in Searsport, AND are the local bus stop from Boston, but I was born in Millinocket and love to visit Katahdin often. We would love to meet you and daughter and perhaps get yaw'l started ( thats Georgia talk -- not Yankee! ) Give us a call at home 207-469-7993 any evening. PS Chainsaw went 1025 miles to Maryland, I continued on and summitted Oct 4 in the SNOW! I'd love to talk about anything, be it pack weight to the lack of other younger children on the trail and how we dealt with these issues....Best of Luck, and welcome to the AT family....its a special group! Bain "Sherpa" Pollard

Good luck with your plans, Delta-Dawn. If you are looking for a shuttle, accomodations and mid-Wilderness resupply during your hike, please check out www.100milewilderness.info and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
    Thanks so much!! The Wilderness is what I was concerned with in the beginning, so thank you so much for the link and help offer. I WILL take you up on it, I'm sure!

Thats soooo awesome Delta Dawn... My son hated hiking... So I got a dog... He loves it
    LOL...I hear ya! I have a 16 yr old daughter who has NO interest in anything outdoors.

.I started at Springer with a 12 year old in 2003, and we headed to our home State.....Maine! I'm sure there is a lot we could talk about
    Bain, Wow...prayers were answered today! I was praying THIS MORNING for someone, ANYONE that would say, "oh yeah, I hiked the A.T. with my kid, too", and look, here ya are! I am so happy you introduced yourself, I would have searched here forever and would have never found you. I do have so many questions for you! I can deal with gear, food, maps, etc., but the questions regarding thru hiking with children aren't common on this board and it is a bit of a guessing game. Did you TrailJournal? I would love to read about y'alls journey before I overload you with questions.

Y'all really made my day. Talk about almost immediate prayer fulfillment. lol
    "Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
    - Frank Scully

I'll add my best wishes to the others, really cool what you're doing! When my kids were young I loved taking them on short hikes, and as they got older, short backpacks, up to a week or so. I would have been delighted to do the AT with them, but my work schedule and their school schedules never permitted it....
    I'll take vicarious pleasure in hearing of your trip, while i start my own AT hike No
    Bo by myself (until i run into everyone else out there)

Blitz, I keep trying to respond to you but the board keeps telling me I am too short in my message, even though I probably had a book written. Grrr....

Thanks for the support!
    "Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
    - Frank Scully

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++