WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Meet the MOD

Default Meet the MOD

I stepped into the black hole today & met the Moderator. Got banned from a thread. Fair & square. Violated the "no politics" rule.

I’m low on the post count, trying to navigate through the system and I expressed a political viewpoint -- for which I got bonked. However, I ‘splained it to the Mod, apologized and got a reprieve.

Posters with high counts seem to slide around fairly well. Any advice, comments or observations on how to be a good little White Blazer? While still making it interesting? I’m tryin’.
    Last edited by Mizirlou; 12-07-2010 at 18:52. Reason: added an ampersand

i've got the highest post count and i've probably been bitch-slapped the most.

Some master it well, for me bourbon usually get's in the way so I typically don't say much, gotta go I've already had two!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    i've got the highest post count and i've probably been bitch-slapped the most.
    I'm usually on you're side LW!

Images

Welcome to the club... just stay away from politics and religion. I know its hard sometimes, but no one can agree and it just leads to spewing of venom. I tried to make a joke one time, comparing a pic someone else posted to a certain group of political protesters, and got slammed for it. IMO, it was taken the wrong way by the mods, but then the point is that if you go there, its fairly likely that it will get taken the wrong way by somebody, then you have zingers all around.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Quote Originally Posted by scope View Post
    Welcome to the club... just stay away from politics and religion. I know its hard sometimes, but no one can agree and it just leads to spewing of venom. I tried to make a joke one time, comparing a pic someone else posted to a certain group of political protesters, and got slammed for it. IMO, it was taken the wrong way by the mods, but then the point is that if you go there, its fairly likely that it will get taken the wrong way by somebody, then you have zingers all around.
    I didn't realize religion was taboo too; I thought I knew the rules.

Section Hiking Knucklehead Hooch's Avatar
    Images

It's all about who his highness, the royal Gator likes and don't.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    It's all about who his highness, the royal Gator likes and don't.
    that's really not fair.

alligator deals with many belly-aching, cry baby, and outright rule-breaking situations here; and each one is different. he has to analyze each situation independently, and then act accordingly; i think he does a pretty good job of it.

hell, i'm a mod here & alligator likes me, but that didn't stop him from deleting a post of mine today. he's about as even-handed as you can be at this........
    "The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive." -TJ

Religion sometimes gets a pass and is allowed to stay, like when religion and The Twelve Tribes or "The Zen" of hiking threads raise their Medusa-like heads but politics and sexual orientation, especially posts unfavorable or unsympathetic to the pro homosexual agenda, will get your comments booted, even if they are related to hiking and/or the AT.

Alligator pointed the rules out to me. I abide by them. Don't take it personal! Se la vie.

Images

I've come on here drunk before and got banned from several different threads. I don't think you're allowed to curse even though its censored. I'm currently "removed from the discussion" on the thread about the giant bear that was killed.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Images

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Last edited by Two Speed; 12-07-2010 at 21:14. Reason: I felt like it.
    Me no care, me here free beer. Tap keg, please?

NAH! Luddite, YOU, on WB, drunk? Say it isn't so?

I've been removed from a thread for a slight and I mean slight right wing view. I'm ok with it. HOWEVER I have seen many views on the left that weren't removed and I'm not OK with that!!!

I have DEFINITELY noticed the same thing too Bags! But, like I said se la vie.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bags4266 View Post
    HOWEVER I have seen many views on the left that weren't removed and I'm not OK with that!!!
    Karl Marx was a great man. Global Warming is real. Free Trade is wrong. Abolish the death penalty. Pro-choice. Socialized medicine rocks my socks.

Lets see if your theory is correct.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

lol, too funny. It won't be long till this whole thread is removed.

Images

Just don't mention Minnesota Smith!
    I love the smell of esbit in the morning!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    Just don't mention Minnesota Smith!
    Not even as an argument for pro-choice?
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

How close to the vest ya think the Mods are watching this thread? Come on guys (mods) chime in its good for the belly to laugh. Do it in the spirit of Christmas... ops sorry the holiday season.

Images

I got warned once for telling someone I thought they were stupid. For the record, I still think they are stupid!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
++ New Posts ++