WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Journal Entries

Default another SOBO

Hey folks...I'm sobo'ing this year also. I'm probably going to start sometime in the middle of June, haven't got the date set yet. I heard that since we are starting the AT in Baxter reservations need to be made in advance for the first night or two...anyone know or have any info on this? I'll be flying into Syracuse and staying with family for about a month and then am being driven up to Baxter....I'm a soloSOBO so some company would be great. I have plenty of backpacking experience out here in the west but this length will be a new experience...can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by SD2AT View Post
    Hey folks...I'm sobo'ing this year also. I'm probably going to start sometime in the middle of June, haven't got the date set yet. I heard that since we are starting the AT in Baxter reservations need to be made in advance for the first night or two...anyone know or have any info on this? I'll be flying into Syracuse and staying with family for about a month and then am being driven up to Baxter....I'm a soloSOBO so some company would be great. I have plenty of backpacking experience out here in the west but this length will be a new experience...can't wait!
    I'm no expert, but the Companion book recommends that SOBOs make reservations at the campground in advance. Spots fill up quickly in the park. They have the Birches campground set aside for NOBOs who can't make reservations. We made a reservation at Katahdin Stream campground for 3 nights. We are planning to get there June 5 & summit June 6, but you never know, so hence the additional night.

My gf and I are thinking about making reservations for Katahdan Springs June 3 and 4 with a summit with friends on the 4th. Looks like there aren't too many sites taken up. Guess the black flies keep people away some. Got my big 4 but still making our pack list.

I think Warrghiagey and Chaco may be starting around then. You've been warned.

princess little feet ashleyspoons's Avatar

Hi guys!

My boyfriend and I will be started June 13. I'm from New Hampshire as well...looks like great minds do think alike

Will be happy to meet you all.

princess little feet ashleyspoons's Avatar

actually, this is silly. im not leaving til 2012! woops!

MEGA '11, LT '09,'13
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SD2AT View Post
    I heard that since we are starting the AT in Baxter reservations need to be made in advance for the first night or two...anyone know or have any info on this?
    Check here for some good info. Reservations are needed. See you out there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++