WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    Biuut diiq ygwryl. E kwv'y ygevd E mlv lvloiu. Glqqt Yglvdlhenevh!
    Dang. I wanted to say that first. Oh, well.
    Old Hiker
    AT Hike 2012 - 497 Miles of 2184
    AT Thru Hiker - 29 FEB - 03 OCT 2016 2189.1 miles
    Just because my teeth are showing, does NOT mean I'm smiling.
    Hányszor lennél inkább máshol?

Baron
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Show off.
    Skidsteer clearly sold his soul to the Hiking Gods and now he can mess with tags in ways mere mortals cannot.
    ‎"You know your camping trip really isn't going well when you find yourself hoping to stave off sepsis with a six-pack of Icehouse. "

"Age is not an accomplishment, and youth is not a sin."

Back in the 1800's, most telegraph lines and even some of the tapping devices melted, just flat out melted and burned all over the world, in a day. It flipped alot of people out, and for the longest time nobody knew what the hell happened.

Until about 10 years ago. It was a strong solar flare. We are protected somewhat, but when the sun goes sleepy like it has lately, it tends to wake up all of a sudden and send super solar flares. The big difference now is that we don't grow our own crops and food and supplies are not transported by horse. We rely heavliy upon powerlines. phone lines and internet. Stores and trucking logistics are run over the internet.

And, we also have cars. Cars that depend on their ignitions and computer modules. A strong enough solar flare could wipe everything that we depend on out. Without power, refrigerators, furnaces, AC, radio, TV all fail. Lights don't work. People freeze, people get hungry, that is when fathers start killing neighbors to take their food and feed their children. Riots break out, and people get crazy. Govt could try martial law but without the Satellites and net, communication to coordinate movement is impossible, and soldiers start going awol to go home and care for their families.

If a Solar Flare was strong enough to wipe out our power grid and communication, we would be back in the dark ages and mankind would kill each other.

But, that wouldn't happen, right?

WATCH THIS These are accredited scientists and scholar's, not kooks.

Default But... But....

My mind has already been wiped.

There was still a little left but ...

I lost the rest reading the Whargy thread.

{Click} hissss.........
    http://www.radio-outdoors.com Ham Radio and the outdoors. Perfect together!

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelbronco View Post
    Back in the 1800's, most telegraph lines and even some of the tapping devices melted, just flat out melted and burned all over the world, in a day. It flipped alot of people out, and for the longest time nobody knew what the hell happened.

Until about 10 years ago. It was a strong solar flare. We are protected somewhat, but when the sun goes sleepy like it has lately, it tends to wake up all of a sudden and send super solar flares. The big difference now is that we don't grow our own crops and food and supplies are not transported by horse. We rely heavliy upon powerlines. phone lines and internet. Stores and trucking logistics are run over the internet.

And, we also have cars. Cars that depend on their ignitions and computer modules. A strong enough solar flare could wipe everything that we depend on out. Without power, refrigerators, furnaces, AC, radio, TV all fail. Lights don't work. People freeze, people get hungry, that is when fathers start killing neighbors to take their food and feed their children. Riots break out, and people get crazy. Govt could try martial law but without the Satellites and net, communication to coordinate movement is impossible, and soldiers start going awol to go home and care for their families.

If a Solar Flare was strong enough to wipe out our power grid and communication, we would be back in the dark ages and mankind would kill each other.

But, that wouldn't happen, right?

WATCH THIS These are accredited scientists and scholar's, not kooks.
    And just how would this be different from what we havre already?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz_Lightfoot View Post
    My mind has already been wiped.

There was still a little left but ...

I lost the rest reading the Whargy thread.

{Click} hissss.........

Ground control to Major Tom.......................

Ground control to Major Tom......................
    Old Hiker

Images

The dude in that video is talking about how wall street and the banks will be inoperable...that will be the last thing you'd have to worry about.

"There has been cannibalism. Cannibalism is the great fear."
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.
    -Edward Abbey

Serial Hiker
    Images

Time to get some guns....
    perrito

684.4 down, 1507.6 to go.

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

GA-ME 2011
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by perrito View Post
    Time to get some guns....
    and ammo!!!

Would we still know what bacon was? I mean if we had no language. How many grunts would bacon be?

I see a potential uprising from the after-world inhabitants if they couldn't get there fair share of bacon.

Bust a deal, face the wheel........
    Last edited by Spokes; 11-30-2010 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by mweinstone View Post
    if suddenly none of our inventions and possesions made sence to anyone?if instinct and our good or bad nature was all that was left.if food clothing shelter and reproduction were our only concerns. if we starred at white blazes and wondered . if the kennedy space center was a mystery to us who built it and why. if writing seemed meaningless? would their still be language?no. and if not, what would we be grunting about?just wondering.
    one can only hope......
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by trailangelbronco View Post
    My slide rule would still work and I'm old enough to know how to use it.
    Backpacking light, feels so right.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bucherm View Post
    Skidsteer clearly sold his soul to the Hiking Gods and now he can mess with tags in ways mere mortals cannot.
    muwhaahahahahahahahahahahahaaha! You will all bow to me eventually!
    Skids

Insanity: Asking about inseams over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein, (attributed)

oh god thats funney. whoops. broke the law.ment,....uh....oh god of my imaginations! why!? why have you forbaconed me?!

and king skidster rained for fourty years and did those things before hikers his father did also and was burried in a new seplacur built for a rich man but never used. and three days hence, nothing happened.
    matthewski

Images

Quote Originally Posted by couscous View Post
    My slide rule would still work and I'm old enough to know how to use it.
    Interesting coincidence... today I found my slide rule while looking for something else in my closet. That old Pickett has about 30 scales on it and I just remember how to use the multiplication and division.
    Simple is good.

tricoinsedence, matty can use a slide ruler. studyed archatecture once. long ago in a land far far away witch was called 10th grade. i belive solar flairs can be predicted with one. hold up to sun and look at sky, if your pacemaker is working, lower slide and relax. no flair today.
    matthewski

It's cloudy here . . .

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    Would we still know what bacon was? I mean if we had no language. How many grunts would bacon be?

I see a potential uprising from the after-world inhabitants if they couldn't get there fair share of bacon.

Bust a deal, face the wheel........

But if we are all brain wiped, wouldn't we have forgotten about bacon? Not to mention: CHEESE?!?!?
    Old Hiker

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hiker View Post
    But if we are all brain wiped, wouldn't we have forgotten about bacon? Not to mention: CHEESE?!?!?
    No. Some things are instinctual.

Quote Originally Posted by Don H View Post
    and ammo!!!
    Guns don't kill people..

Bullets kill people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++