Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Go Girl

Default Go Girl

So I've read some reviews on the Go Girl (and similar products) and am always amazed at the reviews. They all say something along the lines about how they tried them, felt silly at first, liberated next, loved 'em on the trail and loved 'em so much that they now carry them in their purse for everyday use! I have yet to read a bad review.
    Anyone carry them and hate? How about anyone else who loved 'em?
    If I keep hearing reviews about how people love them so much they carry them daily in their purse, maybe I need to try this thing out.

Cerveza - AT 2010; PCT 2011 StormBird's Avatar

I just checked out the website. never heard of it, but looks pretty interesting.
    Trail Name: Cerveza

Images

Love my UDD, urinary directional device . I have used it for about 2 years and have converted ALL my female friends into purchasing one. We all felt really odd using it the first couple of times, but soon saw the advantages. I didn't have to take my pack off or drop my drawers

This comes under the heading of "things I never thought I would post in a public forum". Try these websites/

www.thepstyle.com
    www.go-girl.com
    www.whizzy4you.com
    femalefreedom.com

No one can ever say I didn't help someone "go"!

i love mine! wish i had heard about it before i went to bonnaroo this year.

I have the PStyle and absolutely love it. It's made hiking/backpacking much more enjoyable. It's so much more discreet than having to bare your whole bottom to the world. Plus, you can go without dropping your pack.

I recently bought a second one just to keep in my purse so it's always handy for really gross bathrooms or porta potties.

(Never thought my first post here would be on this topic, lol. )

I made my own from a Wishbone salad dressing bottle. Just cut diagonally, paying attention to the angle you will need for the cap-end to direct the urine. I love that thing. It literally saves my behind from mosquitoes.

I also have a little squirt bottle I squirt up into to wash off. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.
    Some knew me as Piper, others as just Diane.
    I hiked the PCT: Mexico to Mt. Shasta, 2008. Santa Barbara to Canada, 2009.

Oh wow...Pstyle looks awesome! Totally checking that out...

I'm gonna have to try the peestyle. It will sure beat squatting in the snow this winter.

another OMG moment! can't wait to try one of these. and I thought the diva cup would be my best friend out there. thanks ladies

I'm sorry... But I have now seen it all!

Quote Originally Posted by skooch View Post
    another OMG moment! can't wait to try one of these. and I thought the diva cup would be my best friend out there. thanks ladies
    Got mine last week.... let's just say "practice makes perfect"!
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

Women on another forum have highly recommended this one...
    http://www.whizfreedomusa.com/

I have not tried it, though.

holy moly I didn't even know these things existed :O but I did, uh, notice that the websites didn't, um, explain to us more naive folk how to, er, get it in there discreetly with your clothes still on and whatnot. may have to try it out and see xD but I can definitely see how these would be invaluable to a female hiker, so...adding to my gear list.

believe it or not. youtube.com. one chick demo'd the pstyle by slipping through the fly of her jeans on camera. sold me

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I made my own from a Wishbone salad dressing bottle. Just cut diagonally, paying attention to the angle you will need for the cap-end to direct the urine. I love that thing. It literally saves my behind from mosquitoes.

I also have a little squirt bottle I squirt up into to wash off. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.
    OK the PStyle leaked everywhere. tried it farther forwards and back. I thank you for your salad dressing bottle idea. It works perfectly! I named mine the wee-niss

I never knew anything like this existed and have to say that the constant pee breaks are the worse part of hiking, IMO (especially for those of us with teeny-tiny bladders). I have my eye on a Wishbone bottle in the fridge, it has no idea what it's in for! lol Thanks for the idea, sbhikes!
    "Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?"
    - Frank Scully

I found myself in the salad dressing aisle of the grocery store this morning. I'm sure if anyone was looking, they'd wonder "why is she tipping the bottle sideways?"

The Wishbone is on sale this week at Pick 'n Save (fyi). I don't typically by commercial salad dressings, but I might decide to try the Lo-Cal Ranch!
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

There's actually a comparison between the Pstyle and the Go-Girl on You Tube. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRiSGaqAEU. In this You Tube clip, the founder of Pstyle shows you how it works, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilum5Rp5Elo&NR=1.

I love the idea of the FUD's!! But, I ordered one (SheWee) last year to save me from a mosquito filled summer and it didn't work for me at all! After many, many failed attempts (every bit as bad as it sounds) I think I give up and will keep squatting. You should go for it though, just stick to a different brand!

ok I tried the go-girl, and it works perfectly if you remove clothing, get it positioned properly, and dont squeeze it too hard or kink it in any way (its very flexible)...but that in my opinion defeated the whole purpose of the device which was to avoid baring my behind. I have tried it several times and cannot get it positioned right with clothes on, and the spout part is so short that i'm afraid i would end up wetting my pants anyway. So I tried the salad bottle device because I had one handy and I didn't want to waste more money on a device that wouldnt work. The salad dressing bottle worked great, and easy to position without removing clothing. I looked at a few more commercially made devices, and i think if i buy another it will be the freshette, because it has a longer tube (better to aim the flow away from your feet) and it is a harder plastic that would be easier to position and hold without removing clothing. I am a bigger girl, so i dont know if that had anything to do with using the go-girl. If anyone has any tips on how to make it work for me, please share.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++