WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It's official

Journal Entries
    Images

Default It's Official

Red Hat, Great job. I am so glad you enjoyed the journey.
    Grampie-N->2001

Red Hat. Congrats on you completed section hike

I have been section hiking for about 10 years and this year stopped after a month and 400 miles. Now I can have the fun of going again next year for as far as I have fun. Then Keep going back because of all the great people I have met.

We hike for ourselves, and not for anyone elses opinion, or approval, of our accomplishments.

Also, on the AT completion certificate I don't believe it says anything about a thru hike. Only that you have completed 2000 miles on the AT.
    Last edited by tzbrown; 09-22-2010 at 20:17.
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

Wow! I'm impressed, I hope I'm still hiking long trails at 63.... you GO girl!

TF
    www.postholer.com/Turtle Feet
    Follow me as I crawl the A.T.
    Life is an adventure or nothing at all ~ Hellen Keller

I would call you a through hiker, not a thru hiker. You hiked until you were through!

Quote Originally Posted by tzbrown View Post

Also, on the AT completion certificate I don't believe it says anything about a thru hike. Only that you have completed 2000 miles on the AT.
    It says "hiked the ENTIRE Appalachian Trail." Doesn't matter if it takes 3 months or 3 decades.

Images

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lilred View Post
    Sorry Red Hat. you should have finished. now you've failed. Alas, Now you have to start all over again.....
    Mary, you so baaaad!!!! LOL

Are you coming to our pizza dinner tomorrow evening???

RainMan

[I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

Images

LOL, I knew she was joking, but that's how a few folks feel... Rainman, you are right, there were a bunch of younguns who yellow blazed most of Maine, just hopping from town to town to party. Odd Man Out, that's exactly what I said on my journal. Tzbrown, keep on with those sections, you will always be excited about hiking. I found that after 4 months or so, I wanted to just be done. That is sad when I love this trail so much.

Hey Red Hat - congratulations and I'm glad you made your health your priority. Thanks for all your supportive words during my hike. I'm glad I got to meet you along the way!
    Tintin hikes the Appalachian Trail
    Trail Journal, Website, Twitter

Registered User lonewolftrekker's Avatar

nah your heart , is where the thru-hiker lays, to me your a thruhiker.
    stumbling goes the hippie.
    howling goes the wolf.
    i am stumble wolf

Congratulations Red Hat!!

Are you planning to be at SoRuck in January?

-FA

Images

Plans are to head to Gathering in October and SoRuck in Jan.

Images

Default Not me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    when you click on 'view my gallery' it says you are a trail legend! I think I quite agree. Job well done...followed your progress and can only say you are most impressive.
    My posting in "trail legends" was a little tongue in cheek about the photo of Baltimore Jack cooking burgers. I'm certainly not a legend myself... lol

1811 miles and counting!
    Images

Congratulations on finishing!! Met you on the trail last year I think in the Kincorra area. I am working on finishing in sections as well.

Images

Hey, Ragamuffin, Stitch and I remember you and wondered how you were doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    My posting in "trail legends" was a little tongue in cheek about the photo of Baltimore Jack cooking burgers. I'm certainly not a legend myself... lol
    Ah yeah, you are. I heard quite a few stories about you this year. You don't get to chose, Jack does not think he is one either.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    LOL, I knew she was joking, but that's how a few folks feel... Rainman, you are right, there were a bunch of younguns who yellow blazed most of Maine, just hopping from town to town to party. Odd Man Out, that's exactly what I said on my journal. Tzbrown, keep on with those sections, you will always be excited about hiking. I found that after 4 months or so, I wanted to just be done. That is sad when I love this trail so much.
    Course I was. Remember, I'm the one that wants to thru hike the AT by blue blazing the whole way..........

Seriously, that's a great accomplishment. Congrats.

Sorry Rainman, couldn't make it. Hope y'all had a good time..
    "It was on the first of May, in the year 1769, that I resigned my domestic happiness for a time, and left my family and peaceable habitation on the Yadkin River, in North Carolina, to wander through the wilderness of America." - Daniel Boone

Congrats Red Hat! I would say you still did more miles than 95% of the "thru hikers" this year. I too noticed more than half of the hikers yellowblazing through Maine, after hiking that far, I didn't really understand why but Maine was no easy state, that's for sure! I enjoyed seeing you along the trail, I made my summit on the thirteenth.

Default yo red hat

whats happening redhat this is unicroc... i was with my wife scat tracker. congrats on your finish we never caught back up with your "bad knees" haha we finished october 3rd after 2 days of heavy winds that closed the mountain.... mildly depressed back here in michigan... Pct in 3 years!!!! congrats again!!!

Images

After reading the posts in this thread, I must say that while I have seen many blue blazes, I have never seen a yellow one. What state are those in?

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Wow! Great job, RH. Probally your Texas Woman Heritage helped you not only through your thru but also in making the difficult decision when you kneeded to. So, Lil Red is right. Yes. All this has just been prep for the big one. See you at the 2011 SoRuck.--Kinnickinic

s
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++