WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Camp on front porch. Nice in season with pancakes, canoe use(used for recreation and obtaining water at a spring across the lake), not far from store by driving, swimming, good caretakers, scenic, etc

Not much room on the porch with other hikers coming and going.
    There are tentsites behind the cabin up a small hill past the washing station and several other platforms along the blue blazed side trail leading to the cabin.
    Bear boxes are located at the cabin and the platforms on the blue blazed trail and directly behind the cabin.
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

As of Wednesday October 3rd , the Cabin will be closed. The National Park Service has ordered all A.T. Facilities closed until the government shutdown is resolved. It is not clear wether we will reopen before the planned closing date of October 20.

Cosmo

UGP is a place I could see myself coming back to as a volunteer caretaker. I can make pancakes.
    Fear ridges that are depicted as flat lines on a profile map.

Northwestern, VA (outside of Harper's Ferry)
    Images

I loved our stay at UGP. Sadly the blueberries were all picked out so no blueberries in our pancakes but they were otherwise hot and delicious. The caretaker was fabulous.
    2,000 miler. Still keepin' on keepin' on.

Images

one of the caretakers there gave me my trailname.
    in 2010.

UGP Cabin is now closed for the season. We were able to briefly open it this weekend after the A.T. was "re-opened". We buttoned it up for the season yesterday, but hikers are welcome to use the tent platforms or the front porch. Please don't use your stove on the front porch, there is a covered cook area behind the cabin. Here's a photo of the "beach" area after we pulled in the dock.Waiting for Spring.jpg

Cosmo

I hope that record number of folks donated more than the average of $3 per guest!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
    UGPC closed for the season this Sunday (October 21st). Camping permitted on the porch and tent platforms. Re-opening the weekend before Memorial Day 2013.

We had 1525 guests this past season. Highest total we have on record (last season was 1396). Busiest day this year was Aug 4th with 48 guests.

Cosmo

We'll be opening the Cabin next Saturday, May 17th. If you want to help out, send me a PM.

Cosmo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++