WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Trail name (and nickname since I was about 2): Chopper

Default 3/4 days in Southern NC, mid-October

Hey, folks.

I've got a five-day stretch in mid-October (possibly as long as Oct. 7-12) that's opened up, and I'd like to spend three or four of it going from Dick's Creek Gap (just down from Hiawassee, Ga.) up to Franklin, N.C.

I have some visual limitations, so I usually need a partner to hike with (the only real issue I have on the trail seems to be spotting signs, but when the signs say things like "Water, that way," they can be kind of important to see). I'm good with the trip being slow and easy, but I've never done a high-altitude hike this late in the calendar, so I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone up for a little October hiking on the southern AT?

-- chopper

will be headed that way Sept 25 thru 30th...that's about a week earlier than you need, but would be glad to have you go with us that week if possible for you...pm back if it will work

Trail name (and nickname since I was about 2): Chopper

Sorry, Bit. My college is a little strict on when fall break is. Believe me, I wish I could get up there a week sooner.

El Sordo
    Images

let's keep in touch. I live in Hiawassee and if you can slow down to an old mans pace we might be able to work something out.
    Dyslexics Untie!

++ New Posts ++