WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ShelterLeopard

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Methicillin
    Resistant
    Staphlococcus
    Aureus

MRSA is a particularly nasty, drug resistant form of staph. Staph can be treated with penicillins and cephalosporins (types of antibiotics), however, MRSA is resistant to both. It is often treated orally with Bactrim, doxycycline, clindamycin and, in more sever cases, can be treated with IV antibiotics such as vancomycin, daptomycin and Zyvox.
    Now there is Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus and another drug resistant nasty caused by a spore.

Images

There's a thread, for me?????? Aw, I love you guys... Sorry I've been MIA for so long, I've been very busy since the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I haven't read anything in a long time. How's she doing? Last I remember was she was nursing a bad ankle.
    I'm much better now, I hope to keep hiking next spring.

Quote Originally Posted by takethisbread View Post
    I emailed her several times, no response. Last I knew, she was off trail
    Digger, I'm sorry!!!! I got very out of trail mode and in a bad mood after I couldn't get back on all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
    I hope August finds her in better health and that she returns to posting on WB.
    We'll see, I have almost finished my WB addiction until I came back on here today!

Quote Originally Posted by Trailbender View Post
    Yeah, I wondered where she went. About halfway through, I stopped reading or writing in the shelter journals, not sure why exactly.
    I completely understand, I kept writing, but the shelter logs get very.. tiring after a while. (GROUNDHOG DAY!!!)

Anyway, I'll be back to WB soon, and I miss being here. And I was planning a February/ March hike in PA, we'll see how that goes.
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )
    Various adventures in Siberia 2016
    Adventures past and present!
    (and maybe 2018 PCT NoBo)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Spokes View Post
    Well, look on the bright side.... at least she didn't get Giardia.
    HAve you ever had MRSA??? Read my last trail journal entry- it explains in pretty graphic detail the procedure in HArpers Ferry Medical Center. (I think it does... I meant to write that)
    2010 AT NoBo Thru "attempt" (guess 1,700 miles didn't quite get me all the way through ;) )

Images

But I'm good now, and glad to be back!!!

(Well, back soon, when applications are in and all that jazz)

Welcome back, Shlep! Glad you're better . Plan on any hiking or hiker parties?
    As I live, declares the Lord God, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that the wicked turn back from his way and live. Ezekiel 33:11

Quote Originally Posted by ShelterLeopard View Post
    But I'm good now, and glad to be back!!!

(Well, back soon, when applications are in and all that jazz)
    You just gotta keep active and you'll get over it, I know because I got Lyme disease in 2006, was very late in getting it diagnosed. But there are still times to this day when I feel as though it comes back and hits me...bad stuff. I just keep fighting back...I know easier said then done, but that all you can do, other than just give in...

Maybe we should set up a lyme disease support group

Journal Entries

We missed you and love you, white blaze is not the same w/o you (you ran this joint).

If u want to get out give me a shout, and when you go through new England maybe I'll do a day with ya.

Be well

Quote Originally Posted by ShelterLeopard View Post
    There's a thread, for me?????? Aw, I love you guys... Sorry I've been MIA for so long, I've been very busy since the summer.

I'm much better now, I hope to keep hiking next spring.

Digger, I'm sorry!!!! I got very out of trail mode and in a bad mood after I couldn't get back on all the way.

We'll see, I have almost finished my WB addiction until I came back on here today!

I completely understand, I kept writing, but the shelter logs get very.. tiring after a while. (GROUNDHOG DAY!!!)

Anyway, I'll be back to WB soon, and I miss being here. And I was planning a February/ March hike in PA, we'll see how that goes.

Images

Aww Digger, I missed y'all too. And New England? Most definitely!!! Though this spring I'll be hiking in Greece and Croatia first. Well, backpacking. Okay, cushy life with a pack on my back and MAYBE a little hiking. Then back to the States to really get my heels dirty.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Welcome back, Shlep! Glad you're better . Plan on any hiking or hiker parties?
    Of course!

And John, the Lyme was caught early enough- it was really the MRSA that got me. I have never experienced so much pain in my life. (I have to tell part of this, I can't resist). I had the infection on my ankle, and it was so incredibly painful that if a bedsheet brushed against my ankle I saw stars. Then, at the Harpers Ferry Medical Center, the doctor took a SCALPEL and CUT INTO my infection. With no anesthetic. I can not believe I didn't faint. And then said "now this is the painful part". Definitely thought she was joking. And the rest is too graphic. Y'all probably just ate dinner. Provided a very fun, stomach turing story though!!!

ill call her and ask and give her all your best. shes fun. shell be back. count on it. shes hiker thru and thru.okay, just sent her a text. with all our best and told her we want to hear from her. good lookin out .
    matthewski

Images

MATTHEWSKI!?!?! Hey, are you going to come hiking with me in the spring? Just say yes. Good.

yes. as will panzer.
    matthewski

AT 4000+, LT, FHT, ALT Blissful's Avatar
    Journal Entries
    Images

Hey girl good to hear from you at last.

Hiking Blog
    AT NOBO and SOBO, LT, FHT, ALT
    Shenandoah NP Ridgerunner, Author, Speaker

aka -OvertheEdge- :)
    Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Images

Oh HELL Yeah. Matty you and Panzer on a hike In my state Give me a ring and I'll see if I can do it. I'll give BadAndy a call and if he is not skiing or scrubbin bods off the interstate maybe he will go.
    Alcohol was involved!

This thread makes me really happy and I don't even know SL.

I'm glad you recovered. This is the stuff of legends, and you have what it takes! I hope you plan to trail journal this time around, because I'd love to follow it. You're an inspiration.

Images

yea, I'm up for a hike. I'll go now if you want. My pack is ready. I just need to add food and water to my pack.

Panzer

my pack has been loaded and ready at the foot of my bed since i was 14.ever since i had a dream the world slid into a vast smokeing pit that opened up and swallowed everything around me as i grabbed my pack by the haul loop and suddenly was standing with my pack on the edge of the smokeing pit of destruction with all the forrest animals on the AT. i still fear sleeping without it. and mine has food in it. its truly grab and go.
    matthewski

aka -OvertheEdge- :)
    Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, United States
    Images

Yeah Duds lets do this thing. Lets figure out where and when. Come on Shlep are you in.
    Alcohol was involved!

Images

hey shlep, glad you are back and feeling better! Whenever you wanna go for a hike let me know. I'm always ready to go, so is Lindz.

Images

so are we talking about going this month, I hope. For those not going to the PA Ruck in Virginia on Jan 28, this could be an alternative.

Panzer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
++ New Posts ++