WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries

Default Southbound in September

Hey all, been awhile. I was one of those idiots who left in February from Georgia. Through much trial and tribalulation I made it through half the trail, before taking the summer off ( planned) and ready to finish in the Fall.

I'm leaving Sept 24 from Katahdin with Ron Burgundy, who was with me till Erwin.

Technically I only have vt, nh me and most of Virginia left, but I may redo a lot of stuff with Ron Burgundy.

Weight is all gained back and I'm out of shape, but I miss it, well not the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by takethisbread View Post
    Hey all, been awhile. I was one of those idiots who left in February from Georgia. Through much trial and tribalulation I made it through half the trail, before taking the summer off ( planned) and ready to finish in the Fall.

I'm leaving Sept 24 from Katahdin with Ron Burgundy, who was with me till Erwin.

Technically I only have vt, nh me and most of Virginia left, but I may redo a lot of stuff with Ron Burgundy.

Weight is all gained back and I'm out of shape, but I miss it, well not the snow.
    I read your trailjournal and other trailjournals of people who left around the time you did. The Smokies were pretty much snowed under and you and other's had to detour around part of the trail. I guess when and if one decides to leave earlier in the season there is always a risk with the weather causing problems on ones hike. Anyway, hike yourself back into shape and enjoy what you missed the first time out. Good Luck

Images

maybe a little jazz flute along the way?
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

++ New Posts ++