WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

with a case of blind faith
    Images

Default Who needs a tent?

Simple deal: you need a tent and can afford the shipping cost, we need you to post your opinions and/or suggestions for improvement after as much use as you can muster. It's a basic two person (or one tall person) three season tent. Send along your request and reason for such and I will ponder all and select one. You pay shipping only. All ya need to do is use the tent, as much as practical, and post your feedback here. Any takers?

I am looking for a basic two person tent for me and my daughter (9) who will be doing a Nobo thru-hike March 2011. I would also be using the tent before hand during practice runs and a few cold winter nights in the backyard. I guarantee it will receive as much possible use and varied conditions as it can withstand, plus the added bonus of seeing if it can outlast a wild child haha. We would gladly give you our honest feedback and any suggestions we may have. Thank you!

I'm saving for my first solo thru-hike next year and could definitely use a tent.
    Between paying rent and paying off my root canal, its going to be a bit tight money wise. I'm very interested, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tractor View Post
    Simple deal: you need a tent and can afford the shipping cost, we need you to post your opinions and/or suggestions for improvement after as much use as you can muster. It's a basic two person (or one tall person) three season tent. Send along your request and reason for such and I will ponder all and select one. You pay shipping only. All ya need to do is use the tent, as much as practical, and post your feedback here. Any takers?
    It sounds like you have designed one that you intend to market. Great! I am always interested in testing new tents, especially if they are innovative designs. My favorite hiking area is New Hampshire's White Mountains where the weather and temps often change drastically in the matter of hours. As you may know, it can snow in the Whites any month of the year (although not so much this summer with all the heat we've had). I would not only test the tent, but would also pass along feedback from a couple of hiking buddies during the tent's use. Thanks for making the offer.

Chatter

Wow, what an offer and what a match I have for you! I'm trying to help a neighbor and her two teenage children (one girl and one boy) get geared up to begin section hiking the AT. Their first trip is next month. They are still currently in a need of a tent and sleeping bags. It's both sad and exciting to watch them get ready. The father/dad, who sadly passed away, instilled in them the love of outdoors - camping, hiking, running, etc. They are trying to continue with his dreams but are financially strapped and have very old gear - ie, 4 pound sleeping bags. They are searching thrift stores, REI scratch-n-dent sales, craigslist, hiking sites, and everywhere else trying to outfit the 3 of them within their budget. I'm helping them as much as possible, but we don't have enough gear for all of them. Their requirements are to go as light as possible due to both children having medical issues that seriously tax their joints. The opportunity this would provide them is beyond words. My wife and I, both 2008 thru-hikers, would be more than happy to assist you and this family in meeting both of your needs. Thanks for the offer.

But I believe, yes I believe, I said I believe
    Images

I'm heading into the Whites next week if you want it tested quickly.

I am 63 trying to live of SS, I would love to get into backpacking but the cost is more than I can afford. I tent would be a God Send, I am retired and would give it a lot of serivce and have the time to post remarks....thanks, Mike

with a case of blind faith
    Images

Kellee has dibs on this one but we might have another available. The other two person tent, I dunno, seems more Pacific if that makes any sense. Maybe I can post a pic or two for general interest? My first thought when I set it up was it didn't seem a good fit for the AT? The remaining two tents are larger/heavier, not what one would call a hiking tent....

++ New Posts ++